|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _______ exists in the conscious; the conscious opens itself to the sub-conscious.
2. What do we have to be shown if the Hero's goal of inspiring humanity is to be met?
(a) Human success
(c) The truth
3. What kind of element is the fire of the ritual in #125?
(d) Both genders
4. What is the term for experiences, ideas, or beliefs that differ in species from individual to individual and culture to culture, but which in their broadest outlines manifest basic human truths?
(a) Inexhaustible energies
5. What is the ultimate boon for the Hero?
(a) The struggle of internal thought
(b) Knowledge of all things
(c) Connection with the eternal
(d) The perilous journey
Short Answer Questions
1. In reference to the Hero, Campbell writes, "...the Law lives in him with his unreserved __________."
2. Many saints chose to _____ while in deep communion with God, as opposing to preaching and sharing his word.
3. What does Campbell say all cities build in order to represent the idea of this central area?
4. Death can be just as dangerous as the journey into _________.
5. What is the purpose of baptism, at least on its surface?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)