|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Death is the opportunity for ______ with the Unmoved Mover.
2. Who are supposed to be following a world "redeemer" and are better known to history for their colonial barbarity?
(b) Christian nations
(c) Spiritual leaders
3. About Mary: "....her womb, remaining fallow as the primordial abyss, summons to itself...the original power that fertilized the _______."
(c) Human race
4. What does Campbell quote at length in this section?
(a) Kata Vata
(b) Scandanavian bedtime stories
(c) Kretilan verse
5. Who is often portrayed as being one with his spouse, Shakti?
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of humanity's fondness for happy endings, [life] has only one ending - what is it?
2. What does the Hero encounter if he does not do the bidding of the God or Goddess?
3. What might the Hero be known as?
4. What kind of preacher was the author of the quote at the beginning of this chapter and section?
5. What does Campbell say are used to signify and to assist in the breaking of the attachment to one's parent?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)