|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Symbols are only the ________ of communication.
2. Who is the main archetypal character that Campbell reveals as being at the center of myths and stories?
(a) The Victor
(b) The Mover
(c) The God
(d) The Hero
3. Who gently kissed an old crone and was rewarded for his efforts?
4. The Hero's reward is to live without __________ to the world and to daily life.
5. What does Campbell attempt to show relates within mythology?
Short Answer Questions
1. The process through which humanity emerges and returns to that from which it emerged is called the ______ cycle.
2. The Hero must accomplish the task of #77 or he will face ________.
3. What does the Hero have to conquer in order to gain knowledge?
4. Dreams have a direct relationship with the individual experience of the ___________.
5. What is the ultimate boon for the Hero?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)