|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Swallowing is a kind of death of the overwhelming sense of _______ or self that must be sacrificed if true enlightenment is to be achieved.
2. What is the purpose of baptism, at least on its surface?
(a) Help the church recognize that person
(b) Create a fresh start
(c) Bring person into the church
(d) Wash away original sin
3. _________ thus asserts that all reality emerges from a transcendent, universal, sub-conscious and ultimately unknowable truth.
4. What does the Hero encounter if he does not do the bidding of the God or Goddess?
(a) Mythical creatures
(c) More obstacles
5. What was the origin of the story about the warrior who achieved enlightenment, returned to the world, saw that humans weren't ready for what he had to teach, and then withdrew into the spiritual world?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first threshold, what immediately happens to the Hero?
2. Who is often portrayed as being one with his spouse, Shakti?
3. What is the wild and careless, inexhaustible joy of life invincible?
4. In "Supernatural Aid," what does Campbell suggest these types of figures are....
5. By what are the Hero's first steps into the new world blocked?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)