|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first section of this chapter is "The Crossing of the _________ Threshold."
(c) Most Important
2. What does Campbell say the archetypal image of God might be?
(a) The dark mystery
(b) The teacher
(c) The ogre father
(d) The frog prince
3. What does Campbell attempt to show relates within mythology?
4. The world ________ is also _______.
(a) Without, within
(b) Beneath, above
(c) Around, above
(d) Above, below
5. What is the experience of the outer world in relation to the psychological interpretation of the answer to #140?
(b) Conscious dreaming
(c) Interactive reasoning
(d) Waking experience
Short Answer Questions
1. About Mary: "....her womb, remaining fallow as the primordial abyss, summons to itself...the original power that fertilized the _______."
2. Which fairy tale does Campbell choose to use in the beginning of this section?
3. What kind of myth is the story of the man who dreamed of killing his father and taking care of his mother?
4. The quest for the ultimate boon manifests in archetypes because humanity craves ______.
5. What is the example of the literal/physical ascent into Heaven?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)