|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hero is faced with the responsibility of returning what he has gained and __________ it with the world.
2. Who is the main archetypal character that Campbell reveals as being at the center of myths and stories?
(a) The Mover
(b) The Hero
(c) The Victor
(d) The God
3. What is often caused by an accident or a deliberate change in circumstances?
(a) The push to leave home
(b) The movement away from the norm
(c) The first obstacle
(d) The call to adventure
4. When the Hero has done what the God or Goddess has asked, what does he receive in return?
(a) All knowledge in the world
(c) Protection and support
5. The process through which humanity emerges and returns to that from which it emerged is called the ______ cycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which hero was swallowed by a giant monster?
2. Who is the figure that returns with the Ten Commandments?
3. What is the ultimate boon for the Hero?
4. Who is the person associated with journeying to find the Golden Fleece?
5. What is the ultimate example of #82?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)