|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the center, a source from which all truth flows?
(a) The blackness
(b) The universe
(c) The void
(d) World navel
2. What does Campbell say the archetypal image of God might be?
(a) The dark mystery
(b) The frog prince
(c) The teacher
(d) The ogre father
3. What tends to happen when the Hero initially refuses the call?
(a) They never do
(b) They are lost forever
4. When the Hero has done what the God or Goddess has asked, what does he receive in return?
(a) All knowledge in the world
(b) Protection and support
5. Who saw the Goddess Artemis nude and was unrepentant?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section, "Rescue from _________," the Hero is unable or unwilling to leave the place to which he's journeyed.
2. What weapons impress the answer to #50 more than swords?
3. In "Supernatural Aid," what does Campbell suggest these types of figures are....
4. What flows from this central area, as Campbell describes?
5. What does Campbell attempt to show relates within mythology?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)