|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 2, Sections 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saw the Goddess Artemis nude and was unrepentant?
2. What has summoned the Hero and transferred his spiritual center of gravity from within the pale of his society to a zone unknown?
3. Heroes in what tend to bring enlightenment to the community?
(a) Family stories
(b) Fairy tales
4. What is the connection that is actually being sought?
(a) Beauty within self and life
(b) Spiritual transcendence
5. Who is the central figure in the second example offered by Campbell, in relation to this person encountering a series of obstacles and is aided by a wise old man along the way?
(a) Male alcoholic
(b) Male philosopher
(c) Female musician
(d) Female accountant
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the figure that returns with the Ten Commandments?
2. _________ thus asserts that all reality emerges from a transcendent, universal, sub-conscious and ultimately unknowable truth.
3. The perilous journey [of the hero] was a labor not of attainment, but of ___________."
4. Many contemporary religions are __________ manifestations of the same central figure system.
5. Who was turned into a flower for refusing the advances of Apollo?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)