|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 2, Sections 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is both of the world and of the spirit, both male and female?
2. The Hero encounters a series of ______ that must be overcome in order for his journey to continue.
3. All things, moral and ________, beautiful and ________ emerge from this central area.
(a) Unjust, plain
(b) Just, attractive
(c) Immoral, ugly
(d) Right, positive
4. What is ultimately glorious in life and in celebrations of love and beauty?
5. What does the Hero have to do when he returns from his journey?
(b) He doesn't return
(c) Share his experience
Short Answer Questions
1. If a Hero is a young woman, the young woman's love and transcendent ____ brings about transformation.
2. What does Campbell say are used to signify and to assist in the breaking of the attachment to one's parent?
3. The first section of this chapter is "The Crossing of the _________ Threshold."
4. The division between the God of the Old Testament and the God in the New Testament further brings up the idea of __________.
5. How might the Father figure be described?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)