|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 1, Sections 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the central figure in the second example offered by Campbell, in relation to this person encountering a series of obstacles and is aided by a wise old man along the way?
(a) Female accountant
(b) Male alcoholic
(c) Female musician
(d) Male philosopher
2. "A hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of ___________..."
(a) Stark reality
(b) Supernatural wonder
(c) Painful suffering
(d) Ethereal madness
3. What is the third step in the typical Hero's journey?
(a) The return home
(b) The call to action
(c) The setting of the accident
(d) The appearance of a guide
4. What might the Hero be known as?
(a) The answer to the world's problems
(b) The ultimate archetype
(c) The classic protagonist
(d) The weak child
5. What flows from this central area, as Campbell describes?
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of humanity's fondness for happy endings, [life] has only one ending - what is it?
2. What kind of myth is the story of the man who dreamed of killing his father and taking care of his mother?
3. Who is the half human/half bull child of an enchanted queen?
4. What is often caused by an accident or a deliberate change in circumstances?
5. By what are the Hero's first steps into the new world blocked?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)