|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 1, Sections 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was trapped psychologically in fearful reaction to the world around him?
2. "A hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of ___________..."
(a) Painful suffering
(b) Supernatural wonder
(c) Stark reality
(d) Ethereal madness
3. Who is the central figure in the second example offered by Campbell, in relation to this person encountering a series of obstacles and is aided by a wise old man along the way?
(a) Male alcoholic
(b) Female accountant
(c) Female musician
(d) Male philosopher
4. Throughout all myths and stories of the world, there is a central _______.
5. What does the Hero have to do when he returns from his journey?
(a) He doesn't return
(b) Share his experience
Short Answer Questions
1. Many Hero characters discover new _________ inside that which swallowed them.
2. What is the source of these inexhaustible energies?
3. Which god drove people mad if they gave him any trouble?
4. Who agrees to come to the rescue of the princess?
5. What is a narrative form anchored in the pain and fear of that ultimate truth of death?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)