|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 1, Sections 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what are the Hero's first steps into the new world blocked?
(a) Spiritual doubt
(c) A Guardian
(d) A wall
2. The perilous journey [of the hero] was a labor not of attainment, but of ___________."
3. In spite of humanity's fondness for happy endings, [life] has only one ending - what is it?
4. What is a narrative form anchored in the pain and fear of that ultimate truth of death?
5. What has summoned the Hero and transferred his spiritual center of gravity from within the pale of his society to a zone unknown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Campbell say all cities build in order to represent the idea of this central area?
2. "The adventure is always and everywhere a passage beyond the ____ of the known into the unknown."
3. Who is the figure that returns with the Ten Commandments?
4. In "Supernatural Aid," what does Campbell suggest these types of figures are....
5. What is the term for experiences, ideas, or beliefs that differ in species from individual to individual and culture to culture, but which in their broadest outlines manifest basic human truths?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)