|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All things, moral and ________, beautiful and ________ emerge from this central area.
(a) Right, positive
(b) Just, attractive
(c) Immoral, ugly
(d) Unjust, plain
2. Many saints chose to _____ while in deep communion with God, as opposing to preaching and sharing his word.
(b) Hide away
(c) Leave their homes
3. What does the Hero have to do when he returns from his journey?
(a) He doesn't return
(d) Share his experience
4. What does the Hero encounter if he does not do the bidding of the God or Goddess?
(a) More obstacles
(c) Mythical creatures
5. After the first threshold, what immediately happens to the Hero?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He ends his journey.
(c) He is swallowed.
(d) He becomes reborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the goddess from the Hindu goddess-virgin story?
2. In many Hero stories, the Hero decides __________ after his journey.
3. ________ in the picture language of mythology represents the totality of what can be known.
4. It is indeed the Hero's responsibility to accept that part of himself and to become the _________.
5. Who is the transforming medium?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)