|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this section "The Keys" summarize?
(a) The downfall of religions
(b) The Hero's Journey
(c) Campbell's faith
(d) Christianity's flaws
2. What is the ultimate example of #82?
(a) Moses' journey
(b) Confucius' writings
(c) Buddha's enlightenment
(d) Christ's acension
3. Whose withdrawal from the world and the violence of her brother came to an end as a result of a plea from both her fellow gods and from humanity?
4. At what age was the destiny of the Celtic warrior hero manifested?
(a) 18 years old
(b) 4 years old
(c) 1 year old
(d) 5 years old
5. What does the Hero encounter if he does not do the bidding of the God or Goddess?
(c) Mythical creatures
(d) More obstacles
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons impress the answer to #50 more than swords?
2. Who is the central figure in the second example offered by Campbell, in relation to this person encountering a series of obstacles and is aided by a wise old man along the way?
3. Who was turned into a flower for refusing the advances of Apollo?
4. The Native American priest calls this central area the absolute ________ of the land beneath the sky.
5. What is the example of the literal/physical ascent into Heaven?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)