|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 1, Sections 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heroes in what tend to bring enlightenment to the community?
(b) Fairy tales
(d) Family stories
2. Who was trapped psychologically in fearful reaction to the world around him?
3. Many contemporary religions are __________ manifestations of the same central figure system.
4. What is often caused by an accident or a deliberate change in circumstances?
(a) The call to adventure
(b) The movement away from the norm
(c) The push to leave home
(d) The first obstacle
5. What is a celebration and manifestation of the joyous truth that exists alongside the pain of life?
(a) Blessing energy
(b) Prankster actions
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to come to the rescue of the princess?
2. What does the Hero have to do when he returns from his journey?
3. Which section deals with the theories about the importance and/or presence of myth in human culture, society, and individual experience?
4. What is the center, a source from which all truth flows?
5. Whose temptation and transcendence does Campbell discuss in this section?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)