|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 1, Sections 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term for experiences, ideas, or beliefs that differ in species from individual to individual and culture to culture, but which in their broadest outlines manifest basic human truths?
(d) Inexhaustible energies
2. Swallowing, Campbell suggests, is a symbol of a kind of spiritual _______.
3. What is this transcendent source worthy of, according to Campbell?
4. What is the princess initially playing with in the fairy tale?
(a) A frog
(b) A golden hoop
(d) A golden ball
5. What is the source of these inexhaustible energies?
(a) The Goddess
(d) The God
Short Answer Questions
1. What has summoned the Hero and transferred his spiritual center of gravity from within the pale of his society to a zone unknown?
2. Many Hero characters discover new _________ inside that which swallowed them.
3. Which god drove people mad if they gave him any trouble?
4. What flows from this central area, as Campbell describes?
5. The first section of this chapter is "The Crossing of the _________ Threshold."
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)