|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3, Sections 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ in the picture language of mythology represents the totality of what can be known.
(a) World navel
2. Whose serenity, peace and transcendence does Campbell seem to say is ideal?
3. Who saw the Goddess Artemis nude and was unrepentant?
4. The Hero may or may not be aided by a __________ or other individuals along the way.
(a) Old man
(c) Supernatural guide
(d) Old woman
5. Who journeyed to the land of timelessness, learned much and came back on the back of a mystical horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wild and careless, inexhaustible joy of life invincible?
2. What is a narrative form anchored in the pain and fear of that ultimate truth of death?
3. Who are supposed to be following a world "redeemer" and are better known to history for their colonial barbarity?
4. Who is the figure that returns with the Ten Commandments?
5. The Hero's journey begins by "descending, either intentionally or unintentionally, into the crooked lanes of his own spiritual _________."
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)