|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3, Sections 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "No longer can the Hero rest in _______ with the Goddess....for she has become the queen of sin."
2. What is the simple answer to why the Hero would want to return to a world after his journey?
(a) It's necessary.
(b) There is no simple answer.
(c) It's part of the book.
(d) It's impossible to avoid.
3. What has summoned the Hero and transferred his spiritual center of gravity from within the pale of his society to a zone unknown?
4. The Hero encounters a series of ______ that must be overcome in order for his journey to continue.
5. Who are supposed to be following a world "redeemer" and are better known to history for their colonial barbarity?
(a) Spiritual leaders
(c) Christian nations
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hero is often endowed with the ability to pass back and forth between ______________.
2. Comedy and tragedy are both aspects of the same experience of _______.
3. What tends to happen when the Hero initially refuses the call?
4. Who is the figure that returns with the Ten Commandments?
5. Who gently kissed an old crone and was rewarded for his efforts?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)