|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hesse do for escape while Ruth's father was dying?
(b) Studied myths and religion.
(c) Went to concerts.
(d) Studied medicine.
2. How was "Siddhartha" received?
(a) Critics lionized it.
(b) Critics lambasted it.
(c) Readers rejected it.
(d) It was accepted, and its following grew over the years.
3. What family trait does Freedman say Hesse seems to have inherited?
(b) Mental illness.
4. When did Hesse begin to publish his poems?
5. What circles was Hesse running in when he took his job after Tubingen?
(a) Prostitutes and vagrants.
(b) Writers and radicals.
(c) Artists and professors.
(d) Painters and sculptors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hesse return to work in the year of his mother's death?
2. Where would Hesse spend time with Ruth Wenger?
3. According to Freedman, what experience did Hesse describe in "Steppenwolf"?
4. Hesse's parents raised him for ___________.
5. How long were Hesse's work days?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)