|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which writer was not a member of the circle of Hesse's friends in Tubingen?
(a) Ludwig Finckh.
(b) Carlo Hamelehle.
(c) Ludwig Ugel.
(d) Oskar Rupp.
2. What did Hesse do in 1907?
(a) Published poetry and a novel.
(b) Moved to America.
(c) Built a house.
(d) Spent a lot of time in spas.
3. What did Hesse begin to do in 1909?
(a) Write poetry.
(b) Publish criticism.
(d) Have affairs.
4. What culture did Hesse participate in?
(a) Victorian culture.
(b) Imperial culture.
(c) Industrial culture.
(d) Counter culture.
5. How did Hesse spend time with Ruth in 1922?
(a) Hiking and walking.
(b) Traveling to America.
(c) Traveling to Italy.
(d) Traveling to Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hesse visit his family in 1902?
2. When was Hesse's first child born?
3. According to Freedman, what experience did Hesse describe in "Steppenwolf"?
4. Where did Hesse begin to develop a social life in Tubingen?
5. What reason does Freedman give for Hesse's choice of subject matter?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)