|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Hesse begin to publish his poems?
2. What was the subject of Hesse's book "Rosshalde"?
(a) Hesse's unhappy marriage.
(b) The Hesses' lives in 1912-13.
(c) Hesse's childhood.
(d) Hesse's children's birth.
3. What did Hesse realize about his problems in 1922?
(a) They were mostly financial.
(b) They were imaginary.
(c) They resulted from actual illness.
(d) They were primarily psychological.
4. What did Hans and Elsie Bodmer do for Hesse?
(a) Kept his garden for him.
(b) Built a house for him.
(c) Gave him a place to stay during his travels.
(d) Educated his children.
5. What was Hesse's relationship with Carl Jung?
(a) Jung reviewed his books.
(b) He studied with him.
(c) He reviewed Jung's books.
(d) He went into therapy with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave Hesse difficulties as he got older?
2. How long were Hesse's work days?
3. Where was the house Hesse rented in Ostermundigen located?
4. What group did Hesse's work appeal to?
5. How does Freedman describe Hesse's world growing up?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)