|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused stress and illness for Hesse?
(a) His relationship with Ruth.
(b) His children.
(c) Financial problems.
(d) His marriage.
2. How many siblings did Hesse have?
3. What happened immediately before Hesse tried to kill himself?
(a) He entered his father's business.
(b) He was rejected by a woman at a spa.
(c) He began school.
(d) He was kicked out of school.
4. What did Hesse record in special notebooks?
(a) His injuries.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) His reading.
5. Where did Hesse spend Christmas 1902?
(c) Black Forest.
(d) The Alps.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hesse finish writing "Steppenwolf"?
2. What changed Herr's refusal of Hesse's proposal to marry Maria Bernoulli?
3. What did Hesse find attractive about the place where he eventually settled after leaving Bern?
4. How did Hesse try to clarify "Siddhartha"?
5. Who was Hesse lecturing on while he was writing "Siddhartha"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)