|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaper 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the benefit of writing editorial pieces for Hesse?
(a) He educated himself.
(b) He got income.
(c) He achieved fame for it.
(d) He became politically active.
2. Where would Hesse spend time with Ruth Wenger?
(a) In Monaco.
(b) In Nice.
(c) In Montagnola.
(d) In Carona.
3. How many siblings did Hesse have?
4. How was "Siddhartha" received?
(a) Critics lambasted it.
(b) Readers rejected it.
(c) It was accepted, and its following grew over the years.
(d) Critics lionized it.
5. Where did Hesse begin to visit when he took a new job after Tubingen?
(a) The Royal Palaces.
(b) His aunt's house.
(c) Art museums.
(d) His parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hesse's parents raised him for ___________.
2. How old was Hesse when he decided to become a writer?
3. Where did Hesse work once he had royalties coming in from his published works?
4. When did Hesse reach the height of his popularity?
5. What did Hesse do for escape while Ruth's father was dying?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)