|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaper 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hesse do with friends Hans Drach and Heinrich Jennen?
(a) Rented a flat.
(c) Produced a play.
(d) Recited poetry.
2. For what reason was Hesse determined to be an artist?
(a) His father's example.
(b) His mother's inspiration.
(c) He wanted to rebel against his father.
(d) His brother's failure.
3. Where did Hesse begin to develop a social life in Tubingen?
(a) At his aunt's house.
(b) At the bars.
(c) At the library.
(d) At his workplace.
4. What happened to Hesse's career in 1902?
(a) He was getting frustrated with all the rejection.
(b) He was getting famous.
(c) He was more and more widely published.
(d) He was published for the first time.
5. What relation did Hesse's work have with his friendships?
(a) His work had nothing to do with his friends.
(b) He would use his friends as characters.
(c) He described his friendships in detail in his work.
(d) He learned from his friends, but he did not write about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side did Hesse favor in WW I?
2. What was Hesse's relationship with the works he began to write in Tubingen?
3. What was Hesse's family's religion?
4. Which writer was not a member of the circle of Hesse's friends in Tubingen?
5. Where did Hesse eventually settle after leaving Bern?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)