|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaper 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical event took place in 1909 for Hesse?
(a) He injured his back.
(b) His appendix was removed.
(c) He had malaria.
(d) He was hospitalized for depression.
2. What did Hesse record in special notebooks?
(a) His injuries.
(b) His reading.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His thoughts.
3. Who was Ruth Wenger?
(a) Hesse's mistress.
(b) Hesse's publisher.
(c) Hesse's secretary.
(d) Hesse's second wife.
4. What happened when Hesse was called fro duty in 1915?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He failed the physical.
(c) He entered service but never returned from his first leave.
(d) He got his family to hire a lawyer to get him out of his service.
5. When was Hesse born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hesse finished his novel "Peter Camenzind" after traveling to ___________.
2. Where was Hesse born?
3. Where did Hesse begin to develop a social life in Tubingen?
4. How was Hesse seen by his parents from early childhood?
5. Why was Hesse rejected from military service?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)