|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaper 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hesse lecturing on while he was writing "Siddhartha"?
2. How was "Demian" received?
(a) It was a crushing defeat.
(b) It was overshadowed by the war.
(c) It did not get much notice.
(d) It was a success.
3. Who was Hesse's closest friend in Tubingen?
4. What was Hesse's relationship with Carl Jung?
(a) He studied with him.
(b) He reviewed Jung's books.
(c) Jung reviewed his books.
(d) He went into therapy with him.
5. Where did Hesse eventually settle after leaving Bern?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hesse's first child's name?
2. What did Hesse record in special notebooks?
3. What was beginning to happen in 1901, when Hesse became depressed?
4. Who was Ruth Wenger?
5. When did Hesse arrive in Tubingen?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)