|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chaper 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused stress and illness for Hesse?
(a) His relationship with Ruth.
(b) His children.
(c) His marriage.
(d) Financial problems.
2. Where did Hesse eventually settle after leaving Bern?
3. When were Hesse's parents married?
4. What happened when Hesse began to try to paint his dreams?
(a) His marriage came apart.
(b) His books ceased to be reviewed favorably.
(c) He broke with many of his old friends.
(d) His books became more popular than ever.
5. How was "Demian" received?
(a) It was overshadowed by the war.
(b) It was a success.
(c) It was a crushing defeat.
(d) It did not get much notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Hesse's closest friend in Tubingen?
2. Where did Hesse travel after he left his wife?
3. What did Hesse begin to write in 1884?
4. Where did Hesse meet Herr Bernoulli?
5. Where was Hesse born?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)