|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were Hesse's work days?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Six hours.
2. Where did Hesse visit his family in 1902?
3. Why did Herr Bernoulli refuse his daughter's hand to Hesse?
(a) He didn't trust Hesse.
(b) He disliked Hesse's parents for their religion.
(c) He didn't think Hesse could support her.
(d) He thought Hesse was insincere.
4. Hesse run away from school to __________.
5. Where did Hesse spend Christmas 1902?
(b) Black Forest.
(c) The Alps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hesse begin to visit when he took a new job after Tubingen?
2. When did Hesse return to work in the year of his mother's death?
3. After the birth of his son, how did Hesse spend a good deal of time?
4. What reason does Freedman give for Hesse's choice of subject matter?
5. When did Hesse arrive in Tubingen?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)