|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freedman say Hesse wrote about?
(a) Mundane things.
(b) Mystical experiences.
(c) War-time experiences.
2. What book did Hesse publish in 1911 that was based on his travels to India?
(b) "Hermann Lauscher."
(d) "Peter Camenzind."
3. What did Hesse begin to do in 1909?
(a) Write poetry.
(b) Have affairs.
(d) Publish criticism.
4. Where did Hesse begin to develop a social life in Tubingen?
(a) At the library.
(b) At his workplace.
(c) At his aunt's house.
(d) At the bars.
5. When was "Peter Camenzind" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hesse do in 1907?
2. When did Hesse arrive in Tubingen?
3. What was Hesse's family's religion?
4. When were Hesse's parents married?
5. Whose rule did Hesse grow up under?
This section contains 134 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)