|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Hesse seen by his parents from early childhood?
(a) As placid.
(b) As enigmatic.
(c) As mercurial.
(d) As intractable.
2. Hesse did NOT suffer from _____________.
3. How old was Hesse when he decided to become a writer?
4. What does Freedman say Hesse wrote about?
(a) Mundane things.
(b) Mystical experiences.
(c) War-time experiences.
5. Where did Hesse work once he had royalties coming in from his published works?
(a) A library.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A law firm.
(d) A factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel was Hesse finishing when he returned to work after his mother's death?
2. When did Hesse return to work in the year of his mother's death?
3. Why did Herr Bernoulli refuse his daughter's hand to Hesse?
4. What was Hesse's parents' profession?
5. What changed Herr's refusal of Hesse's proposal to marry Maria Bernoulli?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)