|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pgs. 57-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hesse's family's religion?
2. Hesse run away from school to __________.
3. Hesse's upbringing was influenced by the cultures of __________________.
(a) Switzerland and France.
(b) South Africa and Switzerland.
(c) India and Germany.
(d) Italy and Germany.
4. How long were Hesse's work days?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Six hours.
5. Freedman said that the tensions in Hesse's works came from ________________.
(a) The conflicts in the air during Hesse's times.
(b) Conflicting impulses in Hesse's life.
(c) Traumatic experiences Hesse had in childhood.
(d) Conflicts between Hesse and his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer was not a member of the circle of Hesse's friends in Tubingen?
2. Where did Hesse's father meet his wife?
3. Whose rule did Hesse grow up under?
4. What does Freedman say about artists at the beginning of his biography of Hesse?
5. Where did Hesse commence his studies?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)