|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pgs. 57-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesse's upbringing was influenced by the cultures of __________________.
(a) South Africa and Switzerland.
(b) India and Germany.
(c) Switzerland and France.
(d) Italy and Germany.
2. Hesse's parents raised him for ___________.
(a) The military.
(b) The seminary.
(c) The law.
3. Freedman said that the tensions in Hesse's works came from ________________.
(a) Traumatic experiences Hesse had in childhood.
(b) The conflicts in the air during Hesse's times.
(c) Conflicting impulses in Hesse's life.
(d) Conflicts between Hesse and his parents.
4. Who was Hesse's closest friend in Tubingen?
5. Where was Hesse apprenticed before he was brought home?
(a) To a missionary.
(b) To a bookseller.
(c) To a lawyer.
(d) To a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hesse commence his studies?
2. How did Hesse feel in Tubingen?
3. When did Hesse arrive in Tubingen?
4. What does Freedman say people look for in art?
5. What was Hesse's work in Tubingen?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)