|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pgs. 57-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was interest in Hesse's work revived?
2. Where did Hesse's grandfather marry his wife?
(a) In Switzerland.
(b) In England.
(c) In India.
(d) In South Africa.
3. Where did Hesse commence his studies?
4. Where did Hesse begin to develop a social life in Tubingen?
(a) At the bars.
(b) At his aunt's house.
(c) At the library.
(d) At his workplace.
5. Hesse's parents raised him for ___________.
(b) The law.
(c) The seminary.
(d) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hesse's parents want him to pass his degree?
2. How many siblings did Hesse have?
3. What does Freedman say Hesse wrote about?
4. Freedman said that the tensions in Hesse's works came from ________________.
5. What family trait does Freedman say Hesse seems to have inherited?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)