|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings did Hesse have?
2. What did Hesse begin to do in 1909?
(b) Publish criticism.
(c) Have affairs.
(d) Write poetry.
3. What began to replace Hesse's work after "Siddhartha"?
(b) Legal papers.
(c) Reviews and essays.
4. When did Hesse learn to see a connection between art and rebellion?
(a) When his uncle married a dancer against his family's wishes.
(b) When his mother left his father for an actor.
(c) When he wanted to go to art school but was denied.
(d) When his older brother ran away to a music conservatory.
5. Hesse did NOT suffer from _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hesse born?
2. With whom did Hesse break because of politics?
3. When did Hesse finish writing "Steppenwolf"?
4. Whom was Hesse with on his fiftieth birthday?
5. Freedman said that the tensions in Hesse's works came from ________________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)