|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom was Hesse with on his fiftieth birthday?
(b) Maria and his children.
(c) Elsie Bodmer.
(d) Ninon and his friend Hugo Ball.
2. For what reason was Hesse determined to be an artist?
(a) His brother's failure.
(b) His mother's inspiration.
(c) He wanted to rebel against his father.
(d) His father's example.
3. What was the subject of Hesse's book "Rosshalde"?
(a) Hesse's children's birth.
(b) Hesse's childhood.
(c) The Hesses' lives in 1912-13.
(d) Hesse's unhappy marriage.
4. When was Hesse's first child born?
5. What does Freedman say people look for in art?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the birth of his son, how did Hesse spend a good deal of time?
2. What cultures are blended in Hesse's writing?
3. Hesse did NOT suffer from _____________.
4. What did Hesse do in 1907?
5. What was Hesse's earliest memory?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)