|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hesse spend Christmas 1902?
(a) The Alps.
(b) Black Forest.
2. How did Hesse react to his loneliness?
(a) He wrote adventure stories.
(b) He drank.
(c) He traveled.
(d) He read avidly.
3. How did Hesse try to clarify "Siddhartha"?
(a) With a German fairy tale.
(b) With a personal memoir.
(c) With a book of criticism.
(d) With a surreal book of dreams.
4. What was Hesse's relationship with Carl Jung?
(a) Jung reviewed his books.
(b) He went into therapy with him.
(c) He reviewed Jung's books.
(d) He studied with him.
5. Beginning in 1926, what did Hesse do to overcome his depression?
(c) Used drugs.
(d) Attended masked balls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was "Siddhartha" received?
2. What did Hesse do to contribute to the war effort?
3. In what role did "Siddhartha" put Hesse?
4. What gave Hesse difficulties as he got older?
5. What group did Hesse's work appeal to?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)