|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pgs. 87-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hesse did NOT suffer from _____________.
2. What was Hesse's family's religion?
3. How old was Hesse when he decided to become a writer?
4. How does Freedman describe Hesse's world growing up?
(a) As hostile.
(b) As divided.
(c) As unmolested.
(d) As impregnable.
5. Freedman said that the tensions in Hesse's works came from ________________.
(a) The conflicts in the air during Hesse's times.
(b) Traumatic experiences Hesse had in childhood.
(c) Conflicting impulses in Hesse's life.
(d) Conflicts between Hesse and his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hesse born?
2. Why did Hesse change jobs for less money around 1901?
3. How did Hesse react to his loneliness?
4. Hesse run away from school to __________.
5. Where was Hesse apprenticed before he was brought home?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)