|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pgs. 87-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cultures are blended in Hesse's writing?
(a) Austrian and Italian.
(b) German and Swiss.
(c) Alsatian and German.
(d) Swiss and French.
2. Where did Hesse begin to develop a social life in Tubingen?
(a) At his workplace.
(b) At his aunt's house.
(c) At the bars.
(d) At the library.
3. What was Hesse's relationship with the works he began to write in Tubingen?
(a) He kept working on them until they sold.
(b) He incorporated them into his later work.
(c) He disowned them.
(d) He burned them all.
4. Hesse's parents raised him for ___________.
(a) The seminary.
(b) The law.
(c) The military.
5. Who was Hesse's closest friend in Tubingen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose rule did Hesse grow up under?
2. What was Hesse's family's religion?
3. Where did Hesse take work after Tubingen?
4. What does Freedman say people look for in art?
5. What was Hesse's parents' profession?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)