|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pgs. 87-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hesse born?
2. What was Hesse's family's religion?
3. Where did Hesse begin to develop a social life in Tubingen?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the bars.
(c) At his workplace.
(d) At his aunt's house.
4. What does Freedman say people look for in art?
5. When did Hesse begin to run away from school?
(a) Within a few months.
(b) In his second year.
(c) In his last year.
(d) After a few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hesse react to his loneliness?
2. What was Hesse's parents' profession?
3. Where did Hesse begin to visit when he took a new job after Tubingen?
4. For what reason was Hesse determined to be an artist?
5. After Tubingen, how often did Hesse return home from his new job to visit family for holidays?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)