|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pgs. 87-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Hesse born?
2. Where was Hesse apprenticed before he was brought home?
(a) To a bookseller.
(b) To a factory.
(c) To a lawyer.
(d) To a missionary.
3. What happened immediately before Hesse tried to kill himself?
(a) He began school.
(b) He was rejected by a woman at a spa.
(c) He was kicked out of school.
(d) He entered his father's business.
4. What was Hesse's work in Tubingen?
(a) Bookseller's apprentice.
(b) Law student.
(c) Factory worker.
(d) Clockmaker's apprentice.
5. How did Hesse handle his mother's death in 1902?
(a) He delighted in the news.
(b) He had an emotional breakdown.
(c) He grieved with his family.
(d) He did not attend the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hesse's relationship with the works he began to write in Tubingen?
2. Hesse did NOT suffer from _____________.
3. What relation did Hesse's work have with his friendships?
4. Where did Hesse's grandfather marry his wife?
5. How did Hesse react to his loneliness?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)