|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, pgs. 87-102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hesse's relationship with the works he began to write in Tubingen?
(a) He incorporated them into his later work.
(b) He burned them all.
(c) He disowned them.
(d) He kept working on them until they sold.
2. Where did Hesse commence his studies?
3. What was Hesse's earliest memory?
(a) Being lifted to a mountain vista.
(b) Nearly drowning in the bathtub.
(c) Seeing a shooting star.
(d) Being lost at a market.
4. What happened to Hesse's career in 1902?
(a) He was more and more widely published.
(b) He was getting famous.
(c) He was getting frustrated with all the rejection.
(d) He was published for the first time.
5. When did Hesse learn to see a connection between art and rebellion?
(a) When he wanted to go to art school but was denied.
(b) When his uncle married a dancer against his family's wishes.
(c) When his older brother ran away to a music conservatory.
(d) When his mother left his father for an actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hesse begin to run away from school?
2. What was Hesse's family's religion?
3. What culture did Hesse participate in?
4. Whose rule did Hesse grow up under?
5. When did Hesse arrive in Tubingen?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)