|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical event took place in 1909 for Hesse?
(a) He was hospitalized for depression.
(b) He had malaria.
(c) His appendix was removed.
(d) He injured his back.
2. What was Hesse's relationship with Carl Jung?
(a) He reviewed Jung's books.
(b) He studied with him.
(c) He went into therapy with him.
(d) Jung reviewed his books.
3. What was Hesse primarily working on in 1907?
(a) A novel "Gertrud."
(b) Raising his small children.
(c) Raising money for his debts.
(d) Book reviews.
4. How many siblings did Hesse have?
5. When did Hesse arrive in Tubingen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Hesse's career in 1902?
2. When did Hesse learn to see a connection between art and rebellion?
3. What circles was Hesse running in when he took his job after Tubingen?
4. How does Freedman describe Hesse's marriage?
5. Why did Hesse change jobs for less money around 1901?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)