|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hesse feel about his novel "Gertrud?"
(a) He felt nervous about having taken risks.
(b) He felt it was his best work yet.
(c) He knew it would be misunderstood.
(d) He felt it was not as strong as his other work.
2. What was Hesse's work in Tubingen?
(a) Factory worker.
(b) Clockmaker's apprentice.
(c) Bookseller's apprentice.
(d) Law student.
3. What was Hesse's family's religion?
4. When was Hesse born?
5. After the birth of his son, how did Hesse spend a good deal of time?
(b) Visiting family.
(c) Working at the bookstore.
(d) Writing book reviews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Hesse's career in 1902?
2. Where was Hesse born?
3. Hesse did NOT suffer from _____________.
4. What did Hesse begin to write in 1884?
5. When did Hesse learn to see a connection between art and rebellion?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)