|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hesse handle his mother's death in 1902?
(a) He had an emotional breakdown.
(b) He did not attend the funeral.
(c) He grieved with his family.
(d) He delighted in the news.
2. How did Hesse feel about his novel "Gertrud?"
(a) He felt it was not as strong as his other work.
(b) He knew it would be misunderstood.
(c) He felt nervous about having taken risks.
(d) He felt it was his best work yet.
3. What did Hesse do in 1907?
(a) Published poetry and a novel.
(b) Built a house.
(c) Moved to America.
(d) Spent a lot of time in spas.
4. What did Hesse begin to do in 1909?
(a) Publish criticism.
(b) Write poetry.
(d) Have affairs.
5. In what role did "Siddhartha" put Hesse?
(c) Rebel leader.
(d) Spiritual leader of the youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hesse born?
2. What relation did Hesse's work have with his friendships?
3. What did Hesse begin to write in 1884?
4. What book did Hesse publish in 1911 that was based on his travels to India?
5. Who was Ruth Wenger?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)