|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the birth of his son, how did Hesse spend a good deal of time?
(a) Writing book reviews.
(b) Working at the bookstore.
(c) Visiting family.
2. What was Hesse's first child's name?
3. How did Hesse feel about his novel "Gertrud?"
(a) He knew it would be misunderstood.
(b) He felt it was not as strong as his other work.
(c) He felt nervous about having taken risks.
(d) He felt it was his best work yet.
4. How does Freedman describe Hesse's work on "Siddhartha"?
(a) As a search for meaning.
(b) As a catharsis.
(c) As a form of therapy.
(d) As a spiritual experience.
5. What was Hesse's family's religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hesse eventually settle after leaving Bern?
2. What did Hesse do in 1907?
3. Why did Hesse change jobs for less money around 1901?
4. How was "Siddhartha" received?
5. What book did Hesse publish in 1911 that was based on his travels to India?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)