|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hesse born?
2. Who was Hesse lecturing on while he was writing "Siddhartha"?
3. How did Hesse's income change in his new job?
(a) It doubled.
(b) It decreased slightly.
(c) It increased slightly.
(d) It declined.
4. When did Hesse learn to see a connection between art and rebellion?
(a) When his uncle married a dancer against his family's wishes.
(b) When his older brother ran away to a music conservatory.
(c) When his mother left his father for an actor.
(d) When he wanted to go to art school but was denied.
5. What circles was Hesse running in when he took his job after Tubingen?
(a) Artists and professors.
(b) Painters and sculptors.
(c) Writers and radicals.
(d) Prostitutes and vagrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hesse begin to do in 1909?
2. How did Hesse handle his mother's death in 1902?
3. Where did Hesse begin to develop a social life in Tubingen?
4. Where did Hesse begin to visit when he took a new job after Tubingen?
5. How was "Siddhartha" received?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)