|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hesse's closest friend in Tubingen?
2. What was Hesse working on in the summer of 1930?
(a) "The Glass Bead Game."
(d) "Journey to the East."
3. Hesse did NOT suffer from _____________.
4. What did Hesse work on from 1931 to 1942?
(a) A poem on peace.
(c) "Narcissus and Goldmund."
(d) "The Glass Bead Game."
5. What did Hans and Elsie Bodmer do for Hesse?
(a) Built a house for him.
(b) Gave him a place to stay during his travels.
(c) Educated his children.
(d) Kept his garden for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Hesse suffer from in Bern?
2. How does Freedman explain Hesse's interest in Asian culture?
3. Which writer was not a member of the circle of Hesse's friends in Tubingen?
4. How did Hesse react to his loneliness?
5. Who was Hesse spending his time with by 1928?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)