|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hesse rejected from military service?
(a) Poor eyesight.
(b) Flat feet.
(c) Bad heart.
2. Where did Hesse begin to develop a social life in Tubingen?
(a) At his workplace.
(b) At his aunt's house.
(c) At the bars.
(d) At the library.
3. Who was Hesse spending his time with by 1928?
(a) Elsie Bodmer.
4. When did Hesse arrive in Tubingen?
5. What was the subject of Hesse's book "Rosshalde"?
(a) Hesse's childhood.
(b) Hesse's unhappy marriage.
(c) Hesse's children's birth.
(d) The Hesses' lives in 1912-13.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it about Ninon that made Hesse irritable?
2. What happened when Hesse began to try to paint his dreams?
3. What do Narcissus and Goldmund represent, in Freedman's account of "Narcissus and Goldmund"?
4. What did Hesse work on from 1931 to 1942?
5. Where was the house Hesse rented in Ostermundigen located?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)