Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men have a hard time conveying their ideas about to the women they are courting?
2. How does Vandyke describe the Herland religion?
3. How does Alima feel about Terry after they marry?
4. What is Ellador's job in Herland?
5. What are the men asked to lecture the young women about?
Discuss the importance of motherhood in Herland. Why has motherhood become so significant in this society? In what ways does life in Herland evolve around the birthing and rearing of children?
Analyse and interpret the character Jeff. What are Jeff's defining character traits? What is Gilman trying to convey in regards to the reversal of gender roles with the character Jeff? What does Jeff think of Herland?
Discuss the traditional gender roles of the Victorian era. How are these gender roles portrayed in the male characters of the novel? How do these gender roles of this era lead the men to judge the Herlandians in a different light?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)