|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupations did the men take on?
2. What is the title of Chapter 11?
3. How do women prevent pregnancy in Herland?
4. Who are children raised by after the age of one or two?
5. At the lecture, what kind of girls stay in Terry's discussion group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the gender roles in the men's society and the gender roles in Herland. How are the similar and different?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss conflict in "Herland." What are the different types of conflict? What conflicts are found in the novel "Herland"? Are these conflicts resolved? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the traditional gender roles of the Victorian era. How are these gender roles portrayed in the male characters of the novel? How do these gender roles of this era lead the men to judge the Herlandians in a different light?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)