Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men have a hard time conveying their ideas about to the women they are courting?
2. How does Vandyke describe the Herland religion?
3. How does Alima feel about Terry after they marry?
4. What is Ellador's job in Herland?
5. What are the men asked to lecture the young women about?
Essay Topic 1
What is Social Darwinism? Did Gilman believe in Social Darwinism? What connections can be found between Social Darwinism and the novel "Herland"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of freedom in the novel "Herland." Which characters desire their freedom? Why have they been captured? How do they try to get away?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Gilman's use of foreshadowing in "Herland." What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel and what are these examples hinting at?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)