|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of one of the author's works?
(a) Excellent Women.
(b) The Yellow Wallpaper.
(d) The Edible Woman.
2. How old was the author when she married for the second time?
(a) Forty-five years old.
(b) Thirty-one years old.
(c) Thirty-six years old.
(d) Forty years old.
3. What did Charles Walter Stetson do for a living?
(a) Stetson was a writer.
(b) Stetson was a professor.
(c) Stetson was an artist.
(d) Stetson was a lawyer.
4. Where do the men discover they are being housed?
(a) In a house.
(b) In a fortress.
(c) In a jail.
(d) In a temple.
5. What does Somel promise to provide the men with?
(a) Individual houses.
(b) New clothing.
(d) A history of her civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Vandyck and his fellow explorers share an interest in?
2. In Chapter 2, how many miles do the men travel to the village?
3. In the past, what reduced the population of the women's society?
4. How is the author's childhood described in the foreword?
5. What is included with the supplies that are loaded on the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Social Darwinism?
2. After the anesthesia wears off, where do the men awake in Chapter 3?
3. What spurred Gilman to leave her first marriage?
4. Where do the women take the explorers after they reach the town center? What happens when the men try to fight the women?
5. What do the tutors tell the men when they are returned to their prison?
6. What do the women get the men to admit about keeping dogs as pets?
7. What was the theme of Gilman's work, "The Yellow Wallpaper"?
8. Why did Gilman believe it was important for women to take a role in society?
9. In the past, what happened to all of the men in the women's society?
10. What does the fragment of cloth that is found in the water indicate to the explorers?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)