|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who names the land, "Herland"?
(a) The local guide.
2. What does Terry NOT offer the women in the town center?
(a) A rhinestone circlet.
(b) A jewelled crown.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A collection of gold coins.
3. What surprises the explorers about the women in town?
(a) The women speak English.
(b) The women are physically strong.
(c) The women show no fear.
(d) The women are dressed like men.
4. What was the author diagnosed with while living in Connecticut?
(a) Heart disease.
(c) A brain tumor.
5. How did the author of "Herland" die?
(a) From old age.
(b) By suicide.
(c) From disease.
(d) In an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the men transported back to their prison?
2. What was the name of the author's first born daughter?
3. Where do the men awake in Chapter 3?
4. What is Terry's principal complaint in life?
5. What is Jeff's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe Vandyck and his two friends.
2. What was the theme of Gilman's work, "The Yellow Wallpaper"?
3. What does the fragment of cloth that is found in the water indicate to the explorers?
4. What punishment do the men receive for their escape attempt?
5. What was Gilman's childhood like?
6. As time goes on, how do the men come to feel about their tutors?
7. What do the men notice about the forest that they walk through in Chapter 2?
8. What do the men discover when the find their plane in Chapter 4?
9. What do the women get the men to admit about keeping dogs as pets?
10. Describe the women who meet the men in the town center in Chapter 2.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)