|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which activity is used by the guards to pass time?
(b) Letter writing.
2. What is Jeff's profession?
(a) Jeff is a photographer.
(b) Jeff is not employed.
(c) Jeff is a professor.
(d) Jeff is a doctor.
3. What do the men figure out they will be doing at the tables?
(a) Writing letters to their families.
(b) Studying the local language.
(c) Drawing maps of the outside world.
(d) Playing games.
4. Where do the men discover they are being housed?
(a) In a fortress.
(b) In a house.
(c) In a jail.
(d) In a temple.
5. After the men's attempted escape, what do the women do?
(a) Ban the men from playing games.
(b) Feed the men only once a day.
(c) Put a guard in the room with the men.
(d) Light up the gardens at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. In their escape in Chapter 3, what do the men use as a cutting implement?
2. What does Terry note about the women who meet the men in the center of town?
3. What does Terry offer to the three girls?
4. Who is the author of "Herland"?
5. After descending the cliff, what does the men follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What punishment do the men receive for their escape attempt?
2. What does the fragment of cloth that is found in the water indicate to the explorers?
3. What is awaiting the men when they awake and leave their room in Chapter 3?
4. What do the men see from the plane in Chapter 1?
5. What do the men notice about the forest that they walk through in Chapter 2?
6. What does Somel explain about animals in her country?
7. Why did Gilman take her own life?
8. What spurred Gilman to leave her first marriage?
9. Why did Gilman believe it was important for women to take a role in society?
10. What was Gilman's childhood like?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)