|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Herland"?
(a) Barbara Pym.
(b) Charlotte Perkins Gilman.
(c) Ayn Rand.
(d) Margaret Atwood.
2. What do the men think makes the women look unfeminine?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) The way they walk.
(c) Their lack of makeup.
(d) Their short hair.
3. Where do the men discover they are being housed?
(a) In a fortress.
(b) In a jail.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a temple.
4. What is Vandyck's surname?
5. What are the houses surrounded by?
(a) Deep ditches.
(b) Wild flowers.
(c) Well-kept gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the guards treat the men when they are recaptured?
2. What is covering the plane when the men find it?
3. What is Jeff's surname?
4. What impresses Jeff upon waking in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, how many miles do the men travel to the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. As time goes on, how do the men come to feel about their tutors?
2. Why did Gilman take her own life?
3. What do the men see from the plane in Chapter 1?
4. What do the men think of the games that the guards play?
5. What impresses Jeff after he has awoken in Chapter 3?
6. What does Somel explain about animals in her country?
7. Describe the women who meet the men in the town center in Chapter 2.
8. Where do the women take the explorers after they reach the town center? What happens when the men try to fight the women?
9. Describe how the men orchestrate their escape in Chapter 3.
10. What do the women get the men to admit about keeping dogs as pets?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)