|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Terry's view of sexuality?
(a) An expression of dominance.
(b) An expression of health.
(c) An expression of love.
(d) An expression of hatred.
2. Who expresses thankfulness at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Somel, Moadine and Zava.
(b) The wise women of the temples.
(c) Elldor, Ceris and Alima.
(d) Vandyke, Terry and Jeff.
3. What does Terry say is the only thing the women can think of in relation to men?
(c) Physical labor.
4. What was the butterfly Ellador caught a danger to?
(a) Pom trees.
(b) Silk moths.
(c) Obernut trees.
(d) Sweet flowers.
5. In Chapter 10, what are Herland's women said not to believe in?
(b) Preventative medicine.
(c) Independent thought.
(d) Life after death.
6. Why are food-bearing trees considered better than field crops?
(a) Trees produce food year round.
(b) Trees take up less space.
(c) Trees also provide shelter.
(d) Trees attract birds.
7. What sense does Vandyke say the men lacked in their marriages?
(a) A sense of independence.
(b) A sense of acceptance.
(c) A sense of possession.
(d) A sense of belonging.
8. At the lecture, what kind of girls is Jeff popular with?
(a) The scientifically-minded girls.
(b) The athletic girls.
(c) The demure girls.
(d) The artistic girls.
9. What is exceptionally rare in Herland?
(d) Death before reaching ninety years of age.
10. What is the title of Chapter 8?
(a) Discovering Herland.
(b) The Girls of Herland.
(c) Danger for Terry.
(d) A Lecture to the Youth.
11. As the men's tour continues, what does Terry learn to do?
(a) Play a native card game.
(b) Skirt the difficult questions he is asked.
(c) Be less offensive.
(d) Say "I love you" in the local language.
12. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Happy Marriages.
(b) Our Difficulties.
(c) Our Relations and Theirs.
13. How does Alima feel about Terry after they marry?
14. What do the women insist on in their relationships with the men?
(a) That the men follow their wishes.
(b) That the men treat the women just as they would treat women back home.
(c) That the men and women meet only twice a week.
(d) That the men and women are equal.
15. What is the relationship between Moadine and Terry like?
(b) Like mother and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moadine assume about poor women?
2. Which type of person is Herland said to lack entirely?
3. What are the men asked to lecture the young women about?
4. What does Moadine say the women intend to do with the men?
5. What aspect of Herland culture has been simplified for the sake of the children?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)