|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) Happy Marriages.
(b) Our Difficulties.
(c) Our Relations and Theirs.
2. What does Terry say is the only thing the women can think of in relation to men?
(d) Physical labor.
3. Which word is NOT included in the list of terms the Herland woman have no cultural understanding of?
4. How old was Ellador when she caught a butterfly?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Ten years old.
5. What is Terry's courtship with his partner like?
(b) Completely platonic.
6. What does Ellador tell Vandyke her religion lacks?
(a) Horrifying ideas.
(b) Elaborate ceremonies.
(c) A central location for religious observation.
(d) A supportive God figure.
7. What are the elder women protecting the men from by keeping them imprisoned?
(a) The young women.
(b) Making social faux-pas.
(c) Their country's dangerous terrain.
(d) The country's wild beasts.
8. What is the relationship between Moadine and Terry like?
(a) Like mother and son.
9. How do the men feel about their own society as the women question them?
10. What occupations did the men take on?
(a) Forester assistants.
(b) School instructors.
(c) Mining work.
(d) Assistant inventors.
11. What does Vandyke note the children in Herland never do?
(a) Complain of boredom.
(b) Get into mischief.
(d) Talk back to their elders.
12. To the women of Herland, what is life about?
(b) Leaving a legacy.
13. Who helps Alima subdue Terry in Chapter 11?
14. What complaint does Terry have about Herland society in Chapter 9?
(a) It is too impoverished.
(b) It is too girly.
(c) It is too disorganized.
(d) It is too perfect.
15. What is the title of Chapter 8?
(a) Danger for Terry.
(b) Discovering Herland.
(c) A Lecture to the Youth.
(d) The Girls of Herland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Vandyke tells Ellador about infant damnation?
2. How does Vandyke describe the Herland religion?
3. What sense does Vandyke say the men lacked in their marriages?
4. Which of the girls is assigned to court Vandyck?
5. As the men's tour continues, what does Terry learn to do?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)