|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Terry suppose the women of an all-female society would be like?
(a) Hard-working and serious.
(b) Jealous and competitive.
(c) Untrusting and timid.
(d) Sweet and gentle.
2. What surprises the explorers about the women in town?
(a) The women are dressed like men.
(b) The women speak English.
(c) The women show no fear.
(d) The women are physically strong.
3. What impresses Jeff upon waking in Chapter 3?
(a) That they are still alive.
(b) That the room he is in is so warm.
(c) That they haven't seen any men yet.
(d) That the women did not harm them.
4. What does Jeff NOT note a lack of in the town?
5. How is the author's childhood described in the foreword?
(a) As difficult.
(b) As violent.
(c) As ideal.
(d) As happy.
6. What does Vandyck smell after the men are taken into custody in Chapter 2?
7. After descending the cliff, what does the men follow?
(a) The light of a distant village.
(b) A footpath.
(c) The north star.
(d) A stream.
8. What is Jeff's profession?
(a) Jeff is not employed.
(b) Jeff is a photographer.
(c) Jeff is a doctor.
(d) Jeff is a professor.
9. How do the guards treat the men when they are recaptured?
(a) Good naturedly.
(d) Like naughty children.
10. What is characteristic of the village that the men see?
(a) The clean architecture.
(b) The colorful flags.
(c) The wild-growing plants.
(d) The gravel roads.
11. Where do the men see three figures in Chapter 2?
(a) In a tree.
(b) Following behind them.
(c) In the river.
(d) Walking in a clearing.
12. Where do the explorers suppose the men of the society live?
(a) In the jungle.
(b) Within the villages.
(c) In the valley.
(d) In the mountains.
13. What does Somel promise to provide the men with?
(b) Individual houses.
(c) A history of her civilization.
(d) New clothing.
14. How is the language spoken by the girls described?
(a) As harsh-sounding.
(b) As similar to English.
(c) As musical.
(d) As sing-songy.
15. Who do the women bring the the men before in Chapter 2?
(a) A queen.
(b) A panel of elders.
(c) A religious leader.
(d) A judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is set out for each man at their tables in Chapter 3?
2. What did the author complete before her death?
3. What does Terry offer to the three girls?
4. What color are the houses that the men see?
5. What animal does Somel say is present on her society's land?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)