|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "Expelled".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Terry believe women are incapable of?
(b) Building structures.
(d) Defending themselves physically.
2. Why does Somel say a Herland mother would allow someone else to raise her child?
(a) Because the mother knows there are others who are wiser than she is.
(b) Because it is unfair to focus all of one's attention on one child.
(c) Because mothers need to work to survive.
(d) Because children learn better in groups.
3. What does Ellador indicate to the men through hand gesture?
(a) That the men are in danger.
(b) That the men should leave.
(c) That the men can share the girls' food.
(d) That the men are welcome.
4. In the women's society, how is cultural growth achieved?
(a) Through divine inspiration.
(b) Through cooperation.
(c) Through competition.
(d) Through conquering new territories.
5. By Chapter 10, what are the men actively hiding from the women?
(a) That the men are in love with the women.
(b) A planned escape from Herland.
(c) That the men are documenting Herland's culture.
(d) The ills of the outside world.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the lecture, what kind of girls stay in Terry's discussion group?
2. How does Alima feel about Terry after they marry?
3. Why do the tutors say the men are being held captive?
4. Why does Terry lament not catching the girl in the tree?
5. In Chapter 10, what are Herland's women said not to believe in?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)