|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "Expelled".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Moadine say the men would have to face if they ever hurt any of the women?
(a) A life in prison.
(b) A violent end.
(c) A million mothers.
(d) A panel of elder judges.
2. Where do the men discover they are being housed?
(a) In a fortress.
(b) In a jail.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a temple.
3. What does Jeff advise Vandyke to tell Ellador about in Chapter 12?
(a) That if Ellador leaves Herland, she may never return.
(b) That he has a wife back in America.
(c) That Terry is not to be trusted.
(d) The true state of American civilization.
4. What are the elder women protecting the men from by keeping them imprisoned?
(a) Their country's dangerous terrain.
(b) Making social faux-pas.
(c) The country's wild beasts.
(d) The young women.
5. What is the title of Chapter 8?
(a) Danger for Terry.
(b) The Girls of Herland.
(c) A Lecture to the Youth.
(d) Discovering Herland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is characteristic of the village that the men see?
2. After the men's attempted escape, what do the women do?
3. What are the two core concepts which Herland's society is based on?
4. Which of the men's personal effects is missing when they awake in Chapter 3?
5. What does Vandyck smell after the men are taken into custody in Chapter 2?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)