|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, "Their Religions and Our Marriages".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the men learn the women in Herland do not have?
(d) Birth certificates.
2. What do the men have a hard time conveying their ideas about to the women they are courting?
(a) Leaving Herland.
3. What does Terry suppose the women of an all-female society would be like?
(a) Jealous and competitive.
(b) Hard-working and serious.
(c) Untrusting and timid.
(d) Sweet and gentle.
4. What are Vandyck, Terry and Jeff prepared to do if they find there are men in the all-female society?
(a) Offer the men money.
(b) Return with a larger exploratory party.
(c) Run away.
(d) Defend themselves.
5. How do the women react to the gifts Terry offers?
(a) The women hand his gifts back.
(b) The women appear insulted.
(c) The women look impressed.
(d) The women do not marvel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who expresses thankfulness at the end of Chapter 10?
2. What does Vandyck believe is the men's best hope for freedom?
3. Who names the land, "Herland"?
4. What movement are the author's works linked to by Ann J. Lane?
5. How is the language spoken by the girls described?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)