|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Girls of Herland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Herland"?
(a) Barbara Pym.
(b) Ayn Rand.
(c) Charlotte Perkins Gilman.
(d) Margaret Atwood.
2. What does Lane say the author considered herself to be?
(a) A humanist.
(b) A feminist.
(c) A humorist.
(d) A reformist.
3. Who was Charles Walter Stetson?
(a) The author's colleague.
(b) The author's brother-in-law.
(c) The author's husband.
(d) The author's uncle.
4. What are Over Mothers?
(a) Women allowed to have more than one child.
(b) Women who educate young women about motherhood.
(c) Women who supervise the community's children.
(d) Women who are over seventy years old.
5. What was the name of the author's first born daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Terry described?
2. What are the two core concepts which Herland's society is based on?
3. Who did the author's ex-husband remarry?
4. What do the women insist on in their relationships with the men?
5. When are the men allowed to leave their confinement?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)