|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Girls of Herland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the author's first born daughter?
2. At the lecture, what kind of girls stay in Terry's discussion group?
(a) Pretty girls.
(b) Unconfident girls.
(c) Argumentative girls.
(d) Intelligent girls.
3. How does Terry act towards the girls in the group that forms around him?
4. Why does Somel say a Herland mother would allow someone else to raise her child?
(a) Because children learn better in groups.
(b) Because mothers need to work to survive.
(c) Because the mother knows there are others who are wiser than she is.
(d) Because it is unfair to focus all of one's attention on one child.
5. What are Over Mothers?
(a) Women who educate young women about motherhood.
(b) Women who are over seventy years old.
(c) Women who supervise the community's children.
(d) Women allowed to have more than one child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who names the land, "Herland"?
2. What does Ellador indicate to the men through hand gesture?
3. What are the two core concepts which Herland's society is based on?
4. What is the name of Vandyck's tutor?
5. What does Vandyck note about the clothing that they are wearing?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)