|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Girls of Herland".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies the men on their tour of the country?
(a) Ellador, Ceris and Alima.
(c) The Herland Elders.
(d) Their three tutors.
2. Who was Charles Walter Stetson?
(a) The author's colleague.
(b) The author's brother-in-law.
(c) The author's husband.
(d) The author's uncle.
3. Whose Utopian novel influenced the author's interest in socialism?
(a) Sir Thomas More's.
(b) Samuel Butler's.
(c) Edward Bellamy's.
(d) Samuel Johnson's.
4. In Chapter 7, what do the men learn the women in Herland do not have?
(c) Birth certificates.
5. What did the author complete before her death?
(a) Her autobiography.
(b) Her first novel.
(c) A study of women in the workplace.
(d) A university lecture tour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who names the land, "Herland"?
2. What is Terry's courtship with his partner like?
3. What food do the men pick from a tree?
4. What is the purpose of the expedition the three men are on?
5. During their escape, what signal does Terry use to let his friends know he has found a secure footing?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)