|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "A Unique History".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Terry suppose the women of an all-female society would be like?
(a) Untrusting and timid.
(b) Hard-working and serious.
(c) Jealous and competitive.
(d) Sweet and gentle.
2. As far as Terry is concerned, what are the only women worth knowing?
(a) Sweet, docile women.
(b) Powerful women.
(c) Young, pretty women.
(d) Educated women.
3. What food do the men pick from a tree?
(d) Sweet fleshy leaves.
4. What does Terry NOT offer the women in the town center?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A rhinestone circlet.
(c) A collection of gold coins.
(d) A jewelled crown.
5. How did the author of "Herland" die?
(a) From old age.
(b) By suicide.
(c) From disease.
(d) In an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellador indicate to the men through hand gesture?
2. In their escape in Chapter 3, what do the men use as a cutting implement?
3. What does Terry offer to the three girls?
4. What is Vandyck's surname?
5. What does Vandyck believe is the men's best hope for freedom?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)