|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "A Unique History".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does the Goddess of Motherhood bear?
2. What does Jeff NOT note a lack of in the town?
3. What genre of fiction does "Herland" belong to?
(a) Science fiction.
(b) Utopian fiction.
(c) Literary fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
4. How is Terry described?
(a) As wealthy.
(b) As sensitive.
(c) As immature.
(d) As arrogant.
5. What does Vandyck believe is the men's best hope for freedom?
(a) Learning the local language.
(b) Giving the women their valuables.
(c) Befriending the women.
(d) Escaping at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises the explorers about the women in town?
2. What is Vandyck's surname?
3. What did Charles Walter Stetson do for a living?
4. What impresses Jeff upon waking in Chapter 3?
5. What intrigues Vandyck as he and his party travel upstream in Chapter 1?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)