|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "Our Venture".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is characteristic of the village that the men see?
(a) The gravel roads.
(b) The wild-growing plants.
(c) The clean architecture.
(d) The colorful flags.
2. What do the men think makes the women look unfeminine?
(a) Their short hair.
(b) Their lack of makeup.
(c) Their clothing.
(d) The way they walk.
3. What is Jeff's surname?
4. What does Ellador indicate to the men through hand gesture?
(a) That the men are welcome.
(b) That the men are in danger.
(c) That the men can share the girls' food.
(d) That the men should leave.
5. What impresses Jeff upon waking in Chapter 3?
(a) That the women did not harm them.
(b) That they haven't seen any men yet.
(c) That the room he is in is so warm.
(d) That they are still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What intrigues Vandyck as he and his party travel upstream in Chapter 1?
2. Who names the land, "Herland"?
3. What is Vandyck's surname?
4. Where do the men awake in Chapter 3?
5. Who do the women bring the the men before in Chapter 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)