|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "Our Venture".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the author go after fleeing from her "rest cure"?
(c) New York.
2. What does Jeff imagine an all-female society would be like?
3. What do Vandyck and his fellow explorers share an interest in?
4. What do the men think makes the women look unfeminine?
(a) Their lack of makeup.
(b) Their short hair.
(c) The way they walk.
(d) Their clothing.
5. How did the author of "Herland" die?
(a) From disease.
(b) By suicide.
(c) From old age.
(d) In an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Terry believe women are incapable of?
2. What color are the houses that the men see?
3. Where do the explorers suppose the men of the society live?
4. What name does Terry apply to the elder women?
5. Who names the land, "Herland"?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)