|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "A Peculiar Imprisonment".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the men's personal effects is missing when they awake in Chapter 3?
(a) Their clothes.
(b) Their books.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their toiletries.
2. What does Terry offer to the three girls?
(a) A hairpin.
(b) A ceramic figurine.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A scarf.
3. How do the women react to the gifts Terry offers?
(a) The women do not marvel.
(b) The women hand his gifts back.
(c) The women appear insulted.
(d) The women look impressed.
4. What does Terry suppose the women of an all-female society would be like?
(a) Untrusting and timid.
(b) Sweet and gentle.
(c) Hard-working and serious.
(d) Jealous and competitive.
5. What was the author diagnosed with while living in Connecticut?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellador indicate to the men through hand gesture?
2. What intrigues Vandyck as he and his party travel upstream in Chapter 1?
3. Where do the explorers suppose the men of the society live?
4. What surprises the explorers about the women in town?
5. What do the men find at the base of a waterfall?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)