|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "A Peculiar Imprisonment".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men awake in Chapter 3?
(a) In a dark, damp room.
(b) In a holding cell.
(c) In their plane.
(d) A light, airy room.
2. What is the title of one of the author's works?
(a) The Yellow Wallpaper.
(b) The Edible Woman.
(c) Excellent Women.
3. What do Vandyck and his fellow explorers share an interest in?
4. Where do the explorers suppose the men of the society live?
(a) In the valley.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) Within the villages.
(d) In the mountains.
5. What is Jeff's profession?
(a) Jeff is not employed.
(b) Jeff is a photographer.
(c) Jeff is a doctor.
(d) Jeff is a professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men not see while flying over the female society's land?
2. Whose Utopian novel influenced the author's interest in socialism?
3. How is Terry described?
4. What is Vandyck's surname?
5. Who names the land, "Herland"?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)