|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the worm take the group in the desert?
2. What does Duncan do during his fighting training?
3. What color is the brand on the regional commander's forehead?
4. What does Teg recognize about the building he meets the regional commander in?
5. Who is afraid of Sheeana?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Bene Gesserit "shape the fulfillment of their designs"?
2. What does Duncan remember as the Honored Matre marks him?
3. What does Teg notice about Duncan's fighting abilities in the no-globe?
4. What information does Burzmali bring Taraza?
5. Where does the worm take Odrade, Sheeana and Waff?
6. How does Muzzafar escape the Honored Matre?
7. According to Taraza, what is the Tyrant's goal?
8. What does Odrade think the axlotl tanks are?
9. Why does Odrade want to taste the sand on their excursion into the desert?
10. What does Odrade discover in the basin after solving a puzzle to find an opening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Van Gogh's Cottage of Cordeville painting is referenced in "Heretics of Dune." What does this painting represent? How is the painting connected to the story? Why is it important? Use specific references from the text in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Torture is used numerous times in the story. How does torture play a role in the story? What types of torture are used? Why is torture used? Who uses it? Who is subjected to it? What purpose does it serve, if any? Use specific examples from the story in the response.
Essay Topic 3
In the Bene Gesserit, the role of the Imprinter is vital to Mother Superior Taraza's and the rest of the Bene Gesserit's plan. Explore the role of the Imprinter. Why are Imprinters important? What is their function? How do they success at their role? Use specific examples from the text in your response.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)