|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the brand on the regional commander's forehead?
2. What is Burzmali disguised as when they enter Ysai?
3. Where does Teg know his waiter from after he escapes the building?
4. What does Bellonda say the Tleilaxu make?
5. How does Teg feel after he escapes the probe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attacks Teg, Duncan and Lucilla when they leave the no-globe?
2. What does Waff tell Taraza about the Honored Matres?
3. What does Taraza think is strange about Chapter House Planet?
4. Where does Muzzafar take Teg?
5. What does Odrade notice about the Face Dancer imitating Tuek?
6. What does Odrade question about her discovery in desert?
7. What happens when the inquisitors use the T-provbe on Teg?
8. Why does Taraza examine old files on previous gholas?
9. How does Sheeana show Taraza she talks to the worm?
10. What happens to Duncan's companion, Tormsa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Heretics of Dune" there is an importance placed on upholding the values and beliefs of the respective groups. How does this importance and emphasis add to and help solve the conflict? Why are values and beliefs important to the characters in the story? How do the characters demonstrate the importance of their individual or group values and beliefs? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Duncan Idaho plays a central role in "Heretics of Dune." Why is Duncan Idaho important? What is his role in the story? How does he influence the other characters in the story? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
In Gammu's earlier history, the place was known as Giedi Prime. Through the awakened memories of Duncan Idaho, some information is provided about Giedi Prime. Using this information and other descriptions of Giedi Prime and Gammu in the story, compare and contrast the two places. How did Giedi Prime come to be Gammu? What disappeared when the transition took place? What things remained in place when Giedi Prime became Gammu? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)