|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the probe from working on Teg?
2. Where does the worm take the group in the desert?
3. What does Odrade believe made her vulnerable?
4. Who does Odrade tell Taraza Sheeana speaks to?
5. What does Murbella do to Duncan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attacks Teg, Duncan and Lucilla when they leave the no-globe?
2. What does Odrade notice about the Face Dancer imitating Tuek?
3. According to Taraza, what is the Tyrant's goal?
4. Where does Muzzafar take Teg?
5. What does Teg notice about Duncan's fighting abilities in the no-globe?
6. Why does Taraza examine old files on previous gholas?
7. What does Taraza think is strange about Chapter House Planet?
8. What information does Burzmali bring Taraza?
9. What does Odrade question about her discovery in desert?
10. What happens when the inquisitors use the T-provbe on Teg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are three major groups with differing religions and beliefs in the story - the Bene Gesserit, Bene Tleilax and Honored Matres. Compare and contrast the beliefs of these three groups. What are the underlying similarities and differences in beliefs between each group? Do they all derive from the same place? Use specific references from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Van Gogh's Cottage of Cordeville painting is referenced in "Heretics of Dune." What does this painting represent? How is the painting connected to the story? Why is it important? Use specific references from the text in your response.
Essay Topic 3
The leading women of the Bene Gesserit refer to themselves as "Reverend Mothers." Explore the reasoning and significance behind this title. What powers or control do the Reverend Mothers possess that makes their title appropriate? What else does that title insinuate? Is the title appropriate or not and why? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)