|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Tyrant's grandmother?
2. What does Tuek call Sheeana?
3. According to the Bene Gesserit, what leads to misery?
4. Who is Odrade's father?
5. What document does Waff want to spread around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Miles Teg?
2. What is the basic key to Leto II's life?
3. What does the brown drink Taraza gives Teg remind him of?
4. What thoughts does Odrade have about Teg when they are in the lighter?
5. Why is Taraza frustrated with the Bene Gesserit archives and records?
6. Why does Waff meet with the Honored Matres?
7. Who is Waff?
8. What are Face Dancers?
9. According to the Bene Gesserit, how to the Tleilaxu use secrecy?
10. What physical element is important to the Bene Gesserit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Heretics of Dune" contains several references to the Mentat abilities, particularly those of Miles Teg. What are Mentat abilities? How does Teg use his Mentat abilities in the story? Do his Mentat abilities impact other characters in the story? How? Use specific examples from the story in the response.
Essay Topic 2
In Gammu's earlier history, the place was known as Giedi Prime. Through the awakened memories of Duncan Idaho, some information is provided about Giedi Prime. Using this information and other descriptions of Giedi Prime and Gammu in the story, compare and contrast the two places. How did Giedi Prime come to be Gammu? What disappeared when the transition took place? What things remained in place when Giedi Prime became Gammu? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Loyalty is a theme running throughout "Heretics of Dune." Which characters display loyalty? How do they display loyalty? How is loyalty important to the story? If loyalty was not present, how might the story be different? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)