|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are all Bene Gesserit Archivists?
2. Where do the Rakian priests' roots come from?
3. Who did Duncan think of killing?
4. How long has Sheeana lived with the priests on Rakis?
5. Where did the Tleilaxu breed the gholas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stiros want to do to Sheeana?
2. What is the basic key to Leto II's life?
3. According to the Bene Gesserit, how to the Tleilaxu use secrecy?
4. What does the brown drink Taraza gives Teg remind him of?
5. Why are the Bene Gesserit interested in Sheeana?
6. Who is Leto II?
7. What does Taraza order Lucilla to do to Duncan after the attack on Sheeana?
8. What are Face Dancers?
9. How does a Mentat work?
10. What information does Odrade provide Chapter House after Sheeana is attacked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of heresy is important to the story, even appearing in its title. Explore the theme of heresy in the story. What characters commit heresy and why? How does this heresy contribute to the story's conflict and resolution? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of using sex for power is prevalent in most of Frank Herbert's Dune series, particularly "Heretics of Dune." Explore the use of sex for power in the story. What groups use sex for power? Why do they utilize sex for power? What people or things are they targeting? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
"Heretics of Dune" contains several references to the Mentat abilities, particularly those of Miles Teg. What are Mentat abilities? How does Teg use his Mentat abilities in the story? Do his Mentat abilities impact other characters in the story? How? Use specific examples from the story in the response.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)