|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Reverend Mother Superior?
2. What does Teg use to protect them when they leave the Keep?
3. What question does Sheeana ask Shaitan?
4. Who did Duncan think of killing?
5. What does Sheeana tell Odrade she wants to learn after Odrade saves her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What similarities does Teg see in Lucilla and Odrade?
2. What is the basic key to Leto II's life?
3. What does Reverend Mother Darwi Odrade believe her flaw is?
4. Who is Leto II?
5. What does Lucilla want from Teg?
6. What does Taraza order Lucilla to do to Duncan after the attack on Sheeana?
7. What physical element is important to the Bene Gesserit?
8. How does a Mentat work?
9. Describe the child on the lawn at the beginning of the story.
10. Why is Teg distracted when he returns from rescuing Taraza's group from the Guildship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each ghola the Bene Gesserit has in custody must be awakened to its original memories. The same is true of Duncan Idaho in "Heretics of Dune." Why is it important to awaken these previous memories? What information do they possess? What process does the Bene Gesserit use to awaken the memories? Why are Duncan Idaho's memories important? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Van Gogh's Cottage of Cordeville painting is referenced in "Heretics of Dune." What does this painting represent? How is the painting connected to the story? Why is it important? Use specific references from the text in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Duncan Idaho plays a central role in "Heretics of Dune." Why is Duncan Idaho important? What is his role in the story? How does he influence the other characters in the story? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)