|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teg smell when he goes to the Guild Transport on Taraza's orders?
2. Who impersonates Teg in the Gammu Keep as Lucilla watches Duncan train?
3. Who does Lucilla want a child with?
4. Where are they preparing Duncan to live?
5. Who does Teg look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Teg distracted when he returns from rescuing Taraza's group from the Guildship?
2. Why are the Bene Gesserit interested in Sheeana?
3. Who is Schwangyu?
4. Why is Taraza important?
5. What does Taraza order Lucilla to do to Duncan after the attack on Sheeana?
6. Describe the child on the lawn at the beginning of the story.
7. What is the basic key to Leto II's life?
8. Who is Miles Teg?
9. Why does Teg use a life-shield blanket?
10. What does Stiros want to do to Sheeana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reverend Mother Odrade and Mother Superior Taraza have a long history, having grown up and trained for the Bene Gesserit together. While the core of their beliefs come from the same background, the two are still very different. Compare and contrast Odrade and Taraza. How do these similarities and differences come into play throughout the book? Use specific references from the text in your response.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of heresy is important to the story, even appearing in its title. Explore the theme of heresy in the story. What characters commit heresy and why? How does this heresy contribute to the story's conflict and resolution? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
"Heretics of Dune" contains several references to the Mentat abilities, particularly those of Miles Teg. What are Mentat abilities? How does Teg use his Mentat abilities in the story? Do his Mentat abilities impact other characters in the story? How? Use specific examples from the story in the response.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)