|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers "nuclear war" in Chapter 15?
2. What does March imagine smelling as she talks to Richard in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Richard have lunch with while in Jenkintown?
4. What is the age and gender of Ed Milton's child?
5. Why does Gwen meet Hank for breakfast in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Gwen been doing most of her afternoons after school in December?
2. What story does Richard tell his daughter in Chapter 15 about his sister?
3. Who has been unsuccessfully trying to reach March at Guardian Farms by phone and why?
4. What has Gwen decided to do on Halloween night?
5. Why does Hollis refuse to look at March when returns home on Thanksgiving night?
6. What are the signs that people in Jenkintown look at in when trying to predict winter weather?
7. How has the Cooper kitchen changed since March last saw it?
8. Describe the front of Alan's house as Gwen approaches it for the first time.
9. What do Gwen and her father talk about on her frequent phone calls home?
10. What did Judith show March about catching a fox?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possible symbolism of the foxes and the rabbits.
Essay Topic 2
March's older brother, Alan, has an adversarial relationship with Hollis as soon as Hollis arrives. Explain why. Based on the second chapter only, what do you predict will happen to Alan and Hollis when they become men?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Hank's personality and what it results from. Why is he fascinated by Gwen?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)