|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On a six day trip to Florida, Susie goes to Orlando, Miami, Palm Beach, and one other location. What is the fourth location?
2. What does Gwen state that she wishes were bombed?
3. Who are Chester and Duffy?
4. What scent does Susie notice on March when she hugs her in Chapter 18?
5. What creature will cling to anything, according to Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Judith show March about catching a fox?
2. Why does Louise Justice believe that March is making a mistake with Hollis?
3. What are the signs that people in Jenkintown look at in when trying to predict winter weather?
4. Why is March hesitating about moving in with Hollis?
5. Why is Hank hesitant about going into the house on Fox Hill?
6. What does Hollis want to do in old Mr. Cooper's parlor?
7. Describe Ed Milton.
8. What is Dr. Henderson's opinion of Belinda's death?
9. What scene does March witness in Chapter 21 that she is frozen by?
10. Why does Hollis refuse to look at March when returns home on Thanksgiving night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the guilt that various characters in "Here on Earth" for not trying to do more for Belinda before her death.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Hollis and Hank's relationship and whether it's a beneficial relationship for both.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the changes that you as a reader have felt about Hollis throughout the book.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)