|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who says "everything you have I own"?
2. What is added to the punch in Chapter 13?
3. When did Louise first begin to suspect that Belinda was being abused by Hollis?
4. Who tells Gwen that she's among the majority if she doesn't understand love?
5. Who answers "nuclear war" in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the signs that people in Jenkintown look at in when trying to predict winter weather?
2. What scene does March witness in Chapter 21 that she is frozen by?
3. What do Gwen and her father talk about on her frequent phone calls home?
4. What has Gwen decided to do on Halloween night?
5. What does Hollis want to do in old Mr. Cooper's parlor?
6. Describe Ed Milton.
7. What is Hollis doing to prepare Guardian Farm for March's arrival?
8. Who has been unsuccessfully trying to reach March at Guardian Farms by phone and why?
9. Describe the front of Alan's house as Gwen approaches it for the first time.
10. Why does Hank suddenly leave the party in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While with Hollis, March realizes that for Hollis, "there is no measuring love, other than all or nothing." Explain this statement.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Hollis and Hank's relationship and whether it's a beneficial relationship for both.
Essay Topic 3
Describe March's and Alan's relationship as adults.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)