|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does March see at Judith's grave?
2. Who used to say "be careful what you wish for" to March when she was younger?
3. What is Richard's profession?
4. In Chapter 1, what is waiting beneath the hedge?
5. Who wants to catch a dragonfly in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Gwen dressed for the funeral of Judith Dale?
2. Describe Alan in the present.
3. After the death of Henry Murray, what jobs does Hollis take and why?
4. What kind of information does Susie know as a reporter for the local newspaper?
5. Describe the scene of the October farmer's market from Chapter 11.
6. Where is March's brother, Alan, living upon her return to Jenkinstown?
7. What decision does Alan make about Hollis after Henry Murray's death?
8. In Chapter 9, why is Susie trying to convince March to return home to California.
9. In Chapter 5, how does March find out about Hollis's return to Jenkintown and what does she do about it.
10. When March was growing up, who was everyone's favorite lawyer and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the changes that you as a reader have felt about Hollis throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Hank's personality and what it results from. Why is he fascinated by Gwen?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the possible symbolism of the foxes and the rabbits.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)