|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "something's wrong in every situation if you look hard enough"?
(a) Ed Milton.
(b) Dr. Henderson.
(c) The Judge.
(d) Maude Hurley.
2. What scent does Susie notice on March when she hugs her in Chapter 18?
3. What did Judith teach a young March to spread thin?
(a) Sugar for the foxes.
(b) Soil over the seeds.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Cake batter.
4. In Chapter 19, who does the Judge call sullen?
(a) Ed's daughter.
5. In Hollis's opinion, what sounds are worse than any sound man can make?
(a) Dogs howling.
(b) Owl screeching.
(c) The screams of a horse.
(d) The yipping of foxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provides the meals at Guardian Farm after March moves in?
2. Who does Richard have lunch with while in Jenkintown?
3. Who did Richard used to cook with when he was calling on March?
4. What did Richard used to collect when he was a boy?
5. Where does Gwen sit to think after Hank returns to work painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hollis want to do in old Mr. Cooper's parlor?
2. What is Hollis doing to prepare Guardian Farm for March's arrival?
3. Why does Hollis refuse to look at March when returns home on Thanksgiving night?
4. Who has been unsuccessfully trying to reach March at Guardian Farms by phone and why?
5. Why is Hank hesitant about going into the house on Fox Hill?
6. Describe the front of Alan's house as Gwen approaches it for the first time.
7. What has Gwen decided to do on Halloween night?
8. Describe Ed Milton.
9. What is Dr. Henderson's opinion of Belinda's death?
10. Describe what happened the first time Ken saw Belinda in the road.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)