|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does March remember Richard crying about?
(a) A crow that is shot.
(b) The death of his parents.
(c) The beauty of the land.
(d) That she didn't love him.
2. What did Judith teach a young March to spread thin?
(a) Sugar for the foxes.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Cake batter.
(d) Soil over the seeds.
3. How long has Belinda been dead when the events in this book occur?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. What does Gwen smell from inside the house?
(b) Something spoiled.
5. What does Richard call a meeting in the woods?
(a) Rabbit board of directors.
(b) A creature feature.
(c) Wood circle.
(d) A foxes' circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers "nuclear war" in Chapter 15?
2. When did Louise first begin to suspect that Belinda was being abused by Hollis?
3. Who provides the meals at Guardian Farm after March moves in?
4. What do the kids want to do to the Coward's home?
5. Who are Chester and Duffy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Cooper kitchen changed since March last saw it?
2. Describe what happened the first time Ken saw Belinda in the road.
3. What do Gwen and her father talk about on her frequent phone calls home?
4. What efforts is March making to earn some money and why?
5. What is Dr. Henderson's opinion of Belinda's death?
6. Describe Ed Milton.
7. What is Hollis doing to prepare Guardian Farm for March's arrival?
8. Why is March hesitating about moving in with Hollis?
9. Why is Richard so popular with his students?
10. How does Gwen feel after she makes a deal with Hollis to gain ownership of Tarot?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)