|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Susie go to college?
(b) Boston College.
2. Who tells Gwen that she's among the majority if she doesn't understand love?
(b) The Judge.
3. What did Hank take with him when Hollis took him from his dad's care?
(a) A picture of his family.
(b) A stuffed bear and a sweater.
(c) A book and his pajamas.
4. Who complains about not being able to get a decent cappuccino?
(c) The Judge.
(d) Louise Justice.
5. What's not working when March returns to Guardian Farms from Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) The car.
(b) The telephone.
(c) The electricity.
(d) The computer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwen find that she wants to give to Hank?
2. What did Gwen witness her father do on her 10th birthday?
3. Where does Gwen sit to think after Hank returns to work painting?
4. Who was the Italian cook the Coopers hired long ago?
5. Where do March and Gwen spend Thanksgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the front of Alan's house as Gwen approaches it for the first time.
2. What has Gwen decided to do on Halloween night?
3. Describe what happened the first time Ken saw Belinda in the road.
4. What does Susie learn on her trip to Florida?
5. Why does Hollis refuse to look at March when returns home on Thanksgiving night?
6. What do Gwen and her father talk about on her frequent phone calls home?
7. Why is Richard so popular with his students?
8. What efforts is March making to earn some money and why?
9. What has Gwen been doing most of her afternoons after school in December?
10. What story does Richard tell his daughter in Chapter 15 about his sister?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)