|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Susie go after having dinner with her parents in Chapter 14?
(a) Fox Hill.
(b) Ed's house.
(d) Guardian Hill.
2. Who threatens to kill Hollis in Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 20, who says "so who are you now if you're not him"?
4. What creature will cling to anything, according to Richard?
(a) Sucker fish.
(b) Ribbon leech.
(c) Trout-stream beetle.
5. What is added to the punch in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Annabeth Cooper had imported from France that sat on her dressing table?
2. What does Gwen do when Hollis tells her that he won't be giving her the papers to Tarot?
3. In Chapter 12, what does March remember Richard crying about?
4. Approximately how much does the Coward weigh when Hank seems him?
5. What does Hollis buy in Boston in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scene does March witness in Chapter 21 that she is frozen by?
2. What is Hollis doing to prepare Guardian Farm for March's arrival?
3. What story does Richard tell his daughter in Chapter 15 about his sister?
4. What efforts is March making to earn some money and why?
5. Who has been unsuccessfully trying to reach March at Guardian Farms by phone and why?
6. What do Gwen and her father talk about on her frequent phone calls home?
7. Why is March hesitating about moving in with Hollis?
8. What are the signs that people in Jenkintown look at in when trying to predict winter weather?
9. What does Hollis want to do in old Mr. Cooper's parlor?
10. What does Susie learn on her trip to Florida?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)