|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hank consider the most beautiful place on earth at twilight?
(b) The Marshes.
(c) Guardian Farm.
(d) Fox Hill.
2. What event celebrates the day that Aaron Jenkins ran over Fox Hill?
(a) Settlement Day.
(b) Jenkinstown Day.
(c) Founder's Day.
(d) County Faiar.
3. Whose car is March driving in Chapter 11?
(a) Lucy Helm.
(c) Ken Helm.
(d) Jimmy Parish.
4. How long does March sit by her window waiting in Chapter 2?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
5. What type of flowers did March order from the Lucky Day Florist?
(a) White lilies.
(b) Pink tulips.
(c) Yellow roses.
(d) Orange chrysanthemums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only friend at home that Gwen likes?
2. How does Hank learn of Judith Dales' death?
3. Who buys herbs at the farmers' market every Wednesday?
4. What is Alan's Friday ritual?
5. How old is March when her father dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the death of Henry Murray, what jobs does Hollis take and why?
2. The house Hollis owns is falling apart and he receives satisfaction from this. Why?
3. Describe Alan in the present.
4. Alan loans March money for a round trip ticket to California. What does she do while she's waiting to board the plane?
5. Why does Gwen decide to play the good girl in Chapter 10? How does she go about it?
6. How and why is Alan intent on killing himself?
7. Describe the scene of the October farmer's market from Chapter 11.
8. Describe Bill Justice.
9. Where is March's brother, Alan, living upon her return to Jenkinstown?
10. What do March and Susie have for their dinner out in Chapter 10?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)