|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marsh feed to Sister?
(a) Dry dog food.
(c) Canned dog food.
(d) Tuna fish and chicken.
2. Who usually pays Alan's expenses?
(a) The library committee.
(b) The Judge.
(c) The town council.
(d) A trust fund.
3. What is Richard's profession?
(d) English professor.
4. When Gwen looks at herself in the car mirror of Susie's car, what does she wish for?
(a) Bigger, redder lips.
(b) Bigger eyes and a thinner face.
(c) A smaller nose.
(d) Blonde hair.
5. When is March aware that Richard was courting her?
(a) When Belinda tells her.
(b) Six months after Hollis leaves.
(c) On her 19th birthday.
(d) The night of her brother's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alan marry?
2. How does Hank learn of Judith Dales' death?
3. What time does it get dark on Fox Hill in October?
4. Where does Hank buy his new shirt for the high school dance?
5. Who is Hollis's adopted nephew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the cemetery where Judith is buried.
2. Describe the scene of the October farmer's market from Chapter 11.
3. Alan loans March money for a round trip ticket to California. What does she do while she's waiting to board the plane?
4. Describe Alan in the present.
5. After the death of Henry Murray, what jobs does Hollis take and why?
6. Where is March's brother, Alan, living upon her return to Jenkinstown?
7. What does March enjoy doing during the summer of her 14th year?
8. Why does Gwen decide to play the good girl in Chapter 10? How does she go about it?
9. What do March and Susie have for their dinner out in Chapter 10?
10. What relationship does March have with Richard, the man who will be her husband, when she is younger.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)