|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Alan refer to himself as?
(d) The Coward.
2. Where did people take Hank for meals when he lived with Alan?
(a) Bluebird Coffee Shop.
(b) Their homes.
(c) Olive Tree Diner.
(d) The church.
3. How tall is Tarot?
(a) 16 hands.
(b) 18 hands.
(c) 14 hands.
(d) 12 hands.
4. Who did Alan marry?
5. Who lives in the ramshackle house at the edge of the Marshes?
(a) Bud Horace.
(b) A fisherman.
(d) Ken Helms.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Murray returns from a trip to New York, what gifts does he bring for the children?
2. Who calls Hank an idiot in Chapter 11?
3. Who is the first to leave the service once it's ended?
4. What does Louise want done with her opal ring after her death?
5. What event celebrates the day that Aaron Jenkins ran over Fox Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of information does Susie know as a reporter for the local newspaper?
2. In Chapter 9, why is Susie trying to convince March to return home to California.
3. In general, what do the women in town think about Hollis?
4. Why does Gwen decide to play the good girl in Chapter 10? How does she go about it?
5. What decision does Alan make about Hollis after Henry Murray's death?
6. Describe Alan in the present.
7. What do March and Susie have for their dinner out in Chapter 10?
8. Why has March brought her daughter, Gwen, with her to bury Judith Dale and settle her estate?
9. Explain what the kids at school think of Hank and how they're mistaken.
10. What relationship does March have with Richard, the man who will be her husband, when she is younger.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)