|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does March imagine smelling as she talks to Richard in Chapter 12?
2. Who does Gwen call on the phone after talking to Susie in Chapter 14?
(a) First Hank, and then her father.
(b) First her father, and then her friend Millie.
(c) First her father, and then Hank.
(d) First her friend, Millie, and then Hank.
3. What did Hank take with him when Hollis took him from his dad's care?
(a) A stuffed bear and a sweater.
(b) A picture of his family.
(d) A book and his pajamas.
4. Why does Gwen meet Hank for breakfast in Chapter 17?
(a) She wants to give him a gift.
(b) She has something to tell him.
(c) They have a regular breakfast date.
(d) He leaves a note in the stall inviting her.
5. What is the age and gender of Ed Milton's child?
(a) 11 year old boy.
(b) 12 year old girl.
(c) 13 year old boy.
(d) 10 year old girl.
6. What did Judith teach a young March to spread thin?
(a) Soil over the seeds.
(b) Cake batter.
(c) Sugar for the foxes.
(d) Her anger.
7. What is Ed preparing for dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Fettucini alfredo.
8. Who did Richard used to cook with when he was calling on March?
9. In Chapter 20, who says "so who are you now if you're not him"?
10. In Chapter 19, who does the Judge call sullen?
(b) Ed's daughter.
11. In Chapter 21, who feels like someone set a match to his flesh?
(c) The Judge.
12. In Chapter 19, who says "everything you have I own"?
(b) Alan Murray.
(d) The Judge.
13. Where are many of the teenager couples going in Chapter 13?
(a) Olive Tree Lake.
(b) The marshes.
(c) Town square.
(d) Route 22.
14. Who are Chester and Duffy?
(a) Owners of Dimitri's.
(b) Men that hang out at the Lyon.
(c) Susie's labs.
(d) Hollis's dogs.
15. What does Gwen state that she wishes were bombed?
(a) March's new room with Hollis.
(b) Fox Hill.
(d) Her new bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. After moving into Guardian Farms, where does Gwen keep all of her possessions?
2. In Hollis's opinion, what man is paying too much attention to March at the Harvest Fair?
3. How old was Cooper when he was diagnosed with leukemia?
4. What suggestion does Ed bring up to explain Hollis's wealth?
5. Where do March and Gwen spend Thanksgiving?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)