|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the ramshackle house at the edge of the Marshes?
(b) A fisherman.
(c) Ken Helms.
(d) Bud Horace.
2. How did Julie die?
(b) In a fire.
(c) Car accident.
3. What is March called at least a dozen times at the buffet supper at Harriet Laughton's house?
(a) Miss March.
(b) Dear child.
(c) You poor thing.
(d) Poor dear.
4. Who buys herbs at the farmers' market every Wednesday?
(a) Harriet Laughton.
(b) Millie Hartwig.
(c) Louise Justice.
5. Who feels ill during the funeral service?
(a) The Judge.
(d) Louise Justice.
6. Who is the only friend at home that Gwen likes?
7. When Hollis first moves to Fox Hill, approximately how many horses are at Guardian Farm?
(b) About 35.
(c) More than fifty.
(d) Less than 20.
8. What do the men in town call Hollis behind his back?
(b) Mr. High and Mighty.
(c) Mr. Death.
9. How does Hank learn of Judith Dales' death?
(b) Robert Justice.
(c) Someone in the hardware store.
10. What road did farms once line in the area where March grew up?
(a) Olive Tree Lane.
(b) Route 22.
(c) Devil's Curve.
(d) Main Street.
11. Who catches Hollis and March spying at Guardian Farms when they were young?
(a) Richard Cooper.
(b) Mr. Cooper.
(c) Henry Murray.
(d) Jimmy Parrish.
12. Who tells March about Hollis's life before he came to live with them?
(c) Her father.
13. In Chapter 1, what is waiting beneath the hedge?
(b) The key.
(c) A fox.
14. When Henry Murray returns from a trip to New York, what gifts does he bring for the children?
(a) Pocketknives for the boys and a gold necklace for March.
(c) A baseball for the boys and a doll for March.
(d) Candy and toys.
15. Who is the founder of Jenkintown?
(a) Jenks Murray.
(b) Adam Richdale.
(c) Aaron Jenkins.
(d) Robert Jenkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Gwen?
2. What is the waitresses pet project?
3. When is March aware that Richard was courting her?
4. Who is the waitress for March and Susie in Chapter 10?
5. When is bridge night for Louise?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)