|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Alan groceries each week?
(a) A social worker.
(c) Louise Justice.
2. When Henry Murray returns from a trip to New York, what gifts does he bring for the children?
(a) A baseball for the boys and a doll for March.
(b) Candy and toys.
(c) Pocketknives for the boys and a gold necklace for March.
3. When Hollis first moves to Fox Hill, approximately how many horses are at Guardian Farm?
(b) About 35.
(c) Less than 20.
(d) More than fifty.
4. What time does it get dark on Fox Hill in October?
5. Who owns Fox Hill?
6. After Henry Murray's death, where is Hollis's room?
(a) In the same place.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Alan made Hollis leave.
7. What is Gwen eating when the Judge visits in Chapter 6?
(a) Chips Ahoy.
(b) Pepperidge Farm Mint Milanos.
(c) Ritz crackers.
8. Whose car is March driving in Chapter 11?
(a) Ken Helm.
(b) Jimmy Parish.
(d) Lucy Helm.
9. Gwen feels herself being watched in Chapter 7. Who does she find out is watching her?
10. Where did people take Hank for meals when he lived with Alan?
(a) The church.
(b) Olive Tree Diner.
(c) Bluebird Coffee Shop.
(d) Their homes.
11. Susie is seeing Ed Milton. What is his profession?
(d) Police chief.
12. How old is Gwen?
13. Who insists Coop needs a pony although he is allergic?
14. What does Hank consider the most beautiful place on earth at twilight?
(b) Guardian Farm.
(c) Fox Hill.
(d) The Marshes.
15. What is Richard's profession?
(b) English professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Coop's parents?
2. In Chapter 10, who does Gwen see through the window of the Lyon Cafe?
3. In Chapter 3, what does Hollis do every evening at the same time?
4. What color are the Judge's eyes?
5. What does March buy at the farmer's market?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)