Part 1: Chapters 1-2
• March Murray arrives in the town where she grew up, accompanied by her fifteen year old daughter, Gwen.
• They are there to attend the funeral of Judith Dale, the family housekeeper who raised March.
• March's mind is on the boy she was once in love with.
• As she rushes past his house, she gets stuck in the mud.
• March and Gwen must walk to the house on Fox Hill.
• March reflects on your childhood, remembering when her father brought Hollis home from Boston.
• When she sees Hollis, she claims him.
• March remembers the beginning of their relationship when it takes awhile for them to talk to each other.
• Her brother, Alan, is jealous of Hollis and mean to him.
• When Alan and his friends beat up Hollis and tie him to a tree, March frees him.
• Hollis cuts his arm and is taken to the...
This section contains 2,373 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)