|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was White unsure of when he re-visited New York?
2. Why did White make a strange choice of words when talking about what he refused to do in his book before publication?
3. What is the first kind of person who lives in New York?
4. What was strange about this book when it was published?
5. Where was the writer of the introduction of this book working?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does White choose to talk about after explaining all the things to do in New York?
2. What does White say New York offers to people who find privacy there?
3. What kind of things does White say someone can be successful at in New York?
4. What does White say is the first kind of person that lives in the city?
5. What is this book about?
6. What kind of things does White say New York holds the key to?
7. What does White say is the third kind of person that lives in the city?
8. What does White say someone has to do to change things in New York?
9. What does White say he has done to this book that some people will find inaccurate, and what is his reason for this?
10. What does White say separates most of the people in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the main pros and cons that White listed about New York, and how did they change his ideas of the city?
Essay Topic 2
Why did White decide to write this book, and how might this reasoning have affected his tone?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think the main moral or message of this book was? How did White go about presenting this idea?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)