|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does White say the city would not be the same without?
2. How do we know White cared for New York?
3. What does White have to ignore to continue loving New York?
4. How did the writer of the introduction of this book know White?
5. What does White say "The Wizard of Oz" was for many people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does White say he has done to this book that some people will find inaccurate, and what is his reason for this?
2. Why is the writer of the introduction glad that White cannot see the city now?
3. What does White attribute the unique nature of New York to?
4. Why did White not want to do a certain something to the book before it was published?
5. What are the gifts that White says New York has to offer all men?
6. What does White say is being taken away from New York with its uniqueness?
7. What does White say separates most of the people in New York?
8. Who gives a good description of White?
9. What kind of things does White say someone can be successful at in New York?
10. Why did White first move to New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the major changes that White talks about in New York?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of celebrity did White meet in New York, and how did this change his idea of New York?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)