|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did White live for a while when he was poor in New York?
(a) Central Park.
(b) A bus station.
(c) Broadway theaters.
(d) Grand Central Terminal.
2. What kind of business has fewer open offices than White remembers?
3. Where did White go to college?
4. What is amazing to White about the subterranean lines under the city?
(a) The pros still outweigh the cons.
(b) They never get backed up with so many people using them.
(c) The building of them was simple.
(d) They offer so many great things.
5. What was White's main mode of transportation when he lived in the city?
(a) The subway.
(c) The train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does White say an enemy could use to destroy the city?
2. What does White say the city gives a sense of to all people?
3. Why does White understand what draws people to New York?
4. Whom does White describe sending messages to each other?
5. What parts of the city does White say has changed the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does White say someone has to do to find good things in New York?
2. What does White say a visitor to New York will feel like right at first?
3. Why does White say the people in New York always build skyward?
4. How does White say one can recognize the visitors to the city who were disappointed in their experience?
5. What does White say about the Empire State building?
6. What does White say has changed about policemen since he lived there?
7. What does White say about the subterranean pipes in New York?
8. What has changed about the mansions in New York since White lived there?
9. Where did White live while he was very poor in New York?
10. What did White try to keep a balance of while writing this book?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)