|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of the man who wrote the introduction to this book?
2. Where was White born?
(b) New York.
(d) Mt. Vernon.
3. What does White say used to make New York so unique?
(a) Its businesses.
(b) Its people.
(c) Its activities.
(d) Its landscape.
4. What kind of changes must the reader make as he reads this article?
(a) Spiritual changes.
(b) Literary Changes.
(c) Mental changes.
(d) Geographical changes.
5. What was strange about this book when it was published?
(a) All the names in it had been changed.
(b) It was written under a pseudonym.
(c) It was written as a tribute.
(d) Many things had already changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of publication was the first to print this book?
2. How many kinds of people does White say are in New York?
3. What is a second gift White Said New York gives to all men?
4. What does White say one has to do to change himself in New York?
5. How did White hope New York would progress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does White say is being taken away from New York with its uniqueness?
2. What great experience did White have in a New York diner?
3. What does White say the second kind of New York resident brings to the city?
4. Why is the writer of the introduction glad that White cannot see the city now?
5. Who wrote the introduction to this book?
6. What does White say is the second kind of person that lives in the city?
7. Why did White not want to do a certain something to the book before it was published?
8. Why does the writer of the introduction say White agreed to write this book?
9. What are the gifts that White says New York has to offer all men?
10. What does White say is causing New York to lose its uniqueness?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)