|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did White first go to New York?
(a) To live with his sick grandmother.
(b) To start his writing career.
(c) To go to college.
(d) To meet a woman.
2. What is one of the gifts White said New York gives to all men?
3. What does White say will always be innumerable in New York?
4. What was White's father's occupation?
(b) Piano manufacturer.
(c) Piano teacher.
5. What does White say "The Wizard of Oz" was for many people?
(a) A technological advancement.
(b) A happy memory.
(c) A family-uniting film.
(d) An iconic moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has not slowed down in New York since White's death?
2. Which of these is another thing White says people come to New York looking for?
3. How does White feel about New York over all?
4. What about New York does White say will always remain elusive?
5. Who asked White to write this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did White not want to do a certain something to the book before it was published?
2. What does White say he has done to this book that some people will find inaccurate, and what is his reason for this?
3. What does White say is causing New York to lose its uniqueness?
4. What kind of things does White say someone can be successful at in New York?
5. What does White choose to talk about after explaining all the things to do in New York?
6. Why is the writer of the introduction glad that White cannot see the city now?
7. What does White say is the second kind of person that lives in the city?
8. What does White say the second kind of New York resident brings to the city?
9. What kind of things does White say New York holds the key to?
10. Why did White first move to New York?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)