|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did White make a strange choice of words when talking about what he refused to do in his book before publication?
(a) He wanted to coin a new phrase.
(b) He wanted people to notice that verbiage.
(c) He was being sarcastic.
(d) He didn't like the changes being made.
2. How does White feel about New York over all?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He fears it.
(d) He respects it.
3. What month did White die?
4. What kind of New York resident does White credit for the stability in New York?
(a) The ever-present.
(b) The transplants.
(c) The commuters.
(d) The born and bred.
5. What does White say will always be innumerable in New York?
6. What does White attribute the ability for a man to change himself in New York to?
7. What is in the hearts of the people who bring passion to New York, according to White?
8. Who wrote the introduction to this book?
9. What opportunity is most prevalent in New York, according to White?
10. What does White explain just before talking about the kinds of people in New York?
(a) The history.
(b) The things to do.
(c) The landscape.
(d) The routines.
11. What kind of person does White say the city would not be the same without?
(a) The transplants.
(b) The tourists.
(c) The evangelists.
(d) The born and bred.
12. What does White say people CANNOT change while in New York?
(c) Past history.
(d) None of these.
13. What record does White say New York holds?
(a) The highest gap in wealth and poverty.
(b) The highest crime rate.
(c) The highest concentration of people.
(d) The highest percentage of diversity.
14. What is a second gift White Said New York gives to all men?
15. Why does White say New York is not as unique anymore?
Short Answer Questions
1. What major project was the celebrity involved in that White saw in New York one time?
2. Why is White's stepson happy that White can't see the city now?
3. What does White say used to make New York so unique?
4. What is the first kind of person who lives in New York?
5. How do we see how White felt about "The Wizard of Oz"?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)