|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White say New York offers that most other cities do not?
(a) A huge gathering of people.
(b) Activities and events to attend.
(c) Religion of all sorts.
(d) World cuisines.
2. Which kind of New York resident does White credit for the passion in New York?
(a) The transplants.
(b) The ever-present.
(c) The lifers.
(d) The commuters.
3. What amazes White about New York?
(a) That it sustains itself.
(b) That there are other places like it.
(c) That is has quiet moments.
(d) That so many people love it.
4. How do we know White cared for New York?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) He enjoys the variety there.
(c) He writes about the opportunities there.
(d) He credits his success to the city.
5. What does White use as a reference to write this book?
(a) An interview with his stepson.
(b) A quick visit with his wife.
(c) A book.
(d) His memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does White say would be killed if an enemy used his suggested weapon on the city?
2. What was White unsure of when he re-visited New York?
3. What is the most negative thing White mentions about the city?
4. What kind of New York resident was the last that White talked about?
5. What has been gradually removed from the city since White lived there?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)