|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White say a small number of visitors will feel about their visit to New York?
(a) They will be overwhelmed.
(b) They will be disappointed.
(c) They will love it.
(d) They will hate it.
2. What does White hope to show in his story?
(a) The difference in New York over time.
(b) How he became a successful writer.
(c) The best way to travel in New York.
(d) The kind of people who live in New York.
3. What has New York lost along with its uniqueness, according to White?
(a) Its thrill.
(b) Its charm.
(c) Its energy.
(d) Its opportunity.
4. What title does White say New York will always hold over all other big cities?
5. What does White compare the city to?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Empire State Building erected?
2. What was White's father's occupation?
3. Which of these do the subterranean lines under the city make possible?
4. What is amazing to White about the subterranean lines under the city?
5. What nickname did White have in college?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)