|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the writer of the introduction of this book glad that White couldn't see?
(a) How quickly his book became outdated.
(b) Where his book would be published.
(c) How his book had been received.
(d) What had become of the city since he wrote it.
2. What did the city have to do after the Empire State Building was erected?
(a) Move forward.
(b) Navigate around it.
(c) Pay higher taxes.
(d) Think skyward.
3. Where did White live for a while when he was poor in New York?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Grand Central Terminal.
(c) Broadway theaters.
(d) A bus station.
4. What does White say about the people who don't want the gifts New York has to offer?
(a) They will get them anyway.
(b) They will live in denial.
(c) They can avoid it.
(d) They should leave.
5. How did White hope New York would progress?
(a) At a constant pace.
(b) Onward and upwards.
(d) With the will of the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did White do before attending college?
2. What about this book is NOT outdated?
3. How do we know White cared for New York?
4. What did White refuse to do to this book before publishing it?
5. What does White say New York offers that most other cities do not?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)