|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been gradually removed from the city since White lived there?
(a) Public schools.
(b) Bill boards.
2. Which of these is NOT something that White says is destroying the city?
(a) The diversity.
(b) The high population.
(c) The sewer lines.
(d) The crime rates.
3. How did White hope New York would progress?
(a) With the will of the people.
(b) Onward and upwards.
(c) At a constant pace.
4. What is the name of White's wife?
5. How does White feel about the changes that have been made to Broadway since he lived there?
(a) He is happy about them.
(b) He is frustrated with them.
(c) He is disappointed by them.
(d) He is surprised by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does White say you can spot the people who are disappointed in the city?
2. Why was White's book about the city so different from the reality?
3. What is one of the gifts White said New York gives to all men?
4. Why is White's stepson happy that White can't see the city now?
5. What nickname did White have in college?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)