|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White say New York offers that most other cities do not?
(a) World cuisines.
(b) Religion of all sorts.
(c) A huge gathering of people.
(d) Activities and events to attend.
2. How does White say you can spot the people who are disappointed in the city?
(a) They will be packing their bags.
(b) They will seem angry about nothing.
(c) They will be taking too many pictures.
(d) They will be eating quietly.
3. What kind of changes must the reader make as he reads this article?
(a) Geographical changes.
(b) Spiritual changes.
(c) Literary Changes.
(d) Mental changes.
4. What did White want the reader to do as he read this book?
(a) Note the changes in New York.
(b) Find their own truths about New York.
(c) Get inspired to visit New York.
(d) Take his word as truth about New York.
5. What was the occupation of the man who wrote the introduction to this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these does White say New York holds the key to?
2. Why did White first go to New York?
3. Which of the following was NOT on the list of nationalities living in New York?
4. What is a second gift White Said New York gives to all men?
5. Where did White live when he began writing this book?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)