|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 1-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the E in E.B. White stand for?
2. What does White say one has to do to change himself in New York?
(a) Take a different train.
(b) Attend a play.
(c) Walk down the street.
(d) Move a few steps.
3. Where was the writer of the introduction of this book working?
(a) At a law school.
(b) At a train station.
(c) At a magazine.
(d) At a newspaper.
4. What is the first kind of person who lives in New York?
(a) The ones who commute there.
(b) The ones who moved there from somewhere else.
(c) The ones who were born there.
(d) The ones who left, but will return later.
5. What does White say separated people in New York in his old days?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does White explain just before talking about the kinds of people in New York?
2. What was strange about this book when it was published?
3. What year was this story written?
4. Which of these does White say New York holds the key to?
5. What is one of the gifts White said New York gives to all men?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)