|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 1-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of New York does White spend most of his time describing?
(d) The Bronx.
2. What has New York lost along with its uniqueness, according to White?
(a) Its charm.
(b) Its energy.
(c) Its thrill.
(d) Its opportunity.
3. What does White say New York offers that most other cities do not?
(a) Religion of all sorts.
(b) World cuisines.
(c) A huge gathering of people.
(d) Activities and events to attend.
4. What kind of New York resident was the last that White talked about?
(a) The transplants.
(b) The born and bred.
(c) The lifers.
(d) The commuters.
5. What did White say changed New York the most?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was strange about this book when it was published?
2. What does White say one has to do to change himself in New York?
3. What record does White say New York holds?
4. Which kind of New York resident does White credit for the passion in New York?
5. What aspect of New York brought in by the residents does White appreciate the most?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)