|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 1-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the last name of the man who wrote the introduction to this book?
2. Who explains the differences between the New York City written about and the current New York City?
(b) The editor.
(c) The writer of the introduction.
3. Why did White first go to New York?
(a) To live with his sick grandmother.
(b) To start his writing career.
(c) To meet a woman.
(d) To go to college.
4. What kind of New York resident does White like the most?
(a) The transplants.
(b) The commuters.
(c) The born and bred.
(d) The lifers.
5. What about New York does White say will always remain elusive?
(a) Its personality.
(b) Its influence.
(c) Its effect.
(d) Its true meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these does White say New York holds the key to?
2. Why does White talk about "The Wizard of Oz" while writing about New York?
3. Where was the writer of the introduction of this book working?
4. Which of the following is NOT out of date in this book?
5. Who asked White to write this book?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)