|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 1-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has New York lost along with its uniqueness, according to White?
(a) Its opportunity.
(b) Its thrill.
(c) Its charm.
(d) Its energy.
2. Who came up with the different categories of people that White writes about?
(a) His father.
(b) His stepson.
(c) His wife.
3. What was White's father's occupation?
(a) Piano teacher.
(d) Piano manufacturer.
4. Why was White's book about the city so different from the reality?
(a) He didn't live there while writing it.
(b) He refused to see the negative changes.
(c) He had an idealized version in his head.
(d) He liked his own version.
5. What did White want the reader to do as he read this book?
(a) Get inspired to visit New York.
(b) Note the changes in New York.
(c) Take his word as truth about New York.
(d) Find their own truths about New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first kind of person who lives in New York?
2. What celebrity did White see in New York one time?
3. What did White refuse to do to this book before publishing it?
4. How does White feel about New York over all?
5. What is in the hearts of the people who bring passion to New York, according to White?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)