|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White say an enemy could use to destroy the city?
(a) Small planes.
(b) Air raids.
2. Why didn't White make changes in his manuscript when they happened in New York?
(a) He was too close to his deadline.
(b) He wanted to age his piece a bit.
(c) He liked the original version better.
(d) He wanted the reader to do that for himself.
3. What amazes White about the messages he describes being sent?
(a) It goes so fast.
(b) It is so reliable.
(c) It is trusted.
(d) It is used so often.
4. What opportunity is most prevalent in New York, according to White?
5. Which of the following was NOT on the list of nationalities living in New York?
(c) Puerto Ricans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does White hope all the different nationalities will continue to do for the city?
2. How does White seem to feel about most of the changes in New York?
3. What does White say keeps all the communities in New York together?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the kinds of New York residents that White talks about?
5. What kind of person does White say can be found sleeping on the streets of New York in the summer?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)