|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White say someone can do in a short walk in a New York neighborhood?
(a) Buy a paper.
(b) Get dry cleaning.
(c) All of these.
(d) Do your grocery shopping.
2. What about this book is NOT outdated?
(a) The restaurants.
(b) The train schedules.
(c) The sites to see.
(d) The maps.
3. What did White refuse to do to this book before publishing it?
(a) Bring it down to date.
(b) Change the names in it.
(c) Write it for children.
(d) Publish it at a magazine.
4. What is so outlandish about the city to White?
(a) The economy is still bad.
(b) The place keeps growing.
(c) There are ways for people to survive.
(d) There are millions of people there.
5. How does White feel about New York over all?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He fears it.
(d) He respects it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of New York resident does White credit for the restlessness in New York?
2. What does White say most people will feel about their visit to New York?
3. What does White compare the city to?
4. How many people does White say would be killed if an enemy used his suggested weapon on the city?
5. What was strange about the terminology White used when talking about what he refused to do to this book before publication?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)