|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 1-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is something White says people come to New York looking for?
(a) A fresh start.
2. How did the writer of the introduction of this book know White?
(a) He was his editor.
(b) He was his teacher.
(c) He was his stepson.
(d) He was his nephew.
3. Why is White's stepson happy that White can't see the city now?
(a) He would be very confused.
(b) He would hate it.
(c) He would never want to leave.
(d) He would feel ashamed for writing negative things.
4. What did White refuse to do to this book before publishing it?
(a) Publish it at a magazine.
(b) Bring it down to date.
(c) Write it for children.
(d) Change the names in it.
5. What did White say changed New York the most?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the celebrity White once met in New York?
2. What was strange about the terminology White used when talking about what he refused to do to this book before publication?
3. Who explains the differences between the New York City written about and the current New York City?
4. Which kind of New York resident does White credit for the passion in New York?
5. Where did White live when he began writing this book?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)