|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White say an enemy could use to destroy the city?
(b) Small planes.
(c) Air raids.
2. Why will a visitor to New York have a hard time understanding the waiters, according to White?
(a) They have a heavy accent.
(b) They talk so fast.
(c) They talk quietly.
(d) They use too much slang.
3. What was the last name of the man who wrote the introduction to this book?
4. What does White say the largest concentration of people forces on the residents?
5. What is amazing to White about the subterranean lines under the city?
(a) They never get backed up with so many people using them.
(b) They offer so many great things.
(c) The building of them was simple.
(d) The pros still outweigh the cons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does White say separated people in New York in his old days?
2. What magazine did White write a lot for?
3. What kind of publication was the first to print this book?
4. What does White hope all the different nationalities will continue to do for the city?
5. What does White blame for the loss of charm in the city?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)