|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 29-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these do the subterranean lines under the city make possible?
(a) Animal races.
(b) Telephone lines.
(c) Rebuilding materials.
(d) Sewage dumps.
2. What did the city have to do after the Empire State Building was erected?
(a) Think skyward.
(b) Move forward.
(c) Navigate around it.
(d) Pay higher taxes.
3. What does White compare the feeling the city gives to its citizens to?
(a) A college education.
(b) An ongoing lecture.
(c) A big hug.
(d) A dose of vitamins.
4. What kind of New York resident does White like the most?
(a) The transplants.
(b) The born and bred.
(c) The commuters.
(d) The lifers.
5. Why does White say New York is not as unique anymore?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does White compare the city to?
2. What does White give the numbers of?
3. What has New York lost along with its uniqueness, according to White?
4. Why does White say some of his numbers will not be accurate?
5. How does White feel about the changes that have been made to Broadway since he lived there?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)